    broadbullsh_t.

    Don't they advertise a 24/7 help service? It's on all the documentation he
    got with his setup pack. Misleading at best. Typical Telesc$#@&um.
    Full Throttle, Aug 23, 2007

  2. "Full Throttle" <> wrote in message
    news:46cdf487$...
    > Last evening about 7-30 I went to a mate's house to help him install his
    > new xtra broadband system. All went fine until he came to the part where
    > the user name and password needed to be inserted. You guessed it, he
    > forgot the password. I told him not to worry as Xtra promised to be there
    > for him for help and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
    > Whew......thank goodness for that.
    >
    > About 9pm, having waited for a help person for over 45 minutes, there was
    > a click, and a recorded message saying our call could not be connected to
    > a help person because it was now outside Xtra's normal hours of business
    > and all their help staff had now gone home. Or words to that affect!! My
    > mate was ....... unhappy.
    > I was unhappy. That's why I have TelstraClear cable and not Xtra
    > broadbullsh_t.
    >
    > Don't they advertise a 24/7 help service? It's on all the documentation
    > he got with his setup pack. Misleading at best. Typical Telesc$#@&um.
    >

    >Update....

    My friend rang the helpdesk this morning only to find he had even more of a
    wait time. After waiting for an hour and a quarter he gave up and rang me.
    I downloaded a copy of MailPv then went to his place and retrieved the
    forgotten password from his outlook express with it. A few minutes later
    and his system was all go, albeit well below the expected 2Mbps, but that
    will be the subject of another call to the helpdesk no doubt. Shudderrrrr..
    Full Throttle, Aug 24, 2007

  3. Full Throttle

    Mutlley Guest

    "Full Throttle" <> wrote:

    >Last evening about 7-30 I went to a mate's house to help him install his new
    >xtra broadband system. All went fine until he came to the part where the
    >user name and password needed to be inserted. You guessed it, he forgot the
    >password. I told him not to worry as Xtra promised to be there for him for
    >help and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whew......thank goodness
    >for that.
    >
    >About 9pm, having waited for a help person for over 45 minutes, there was a
    >click, and a recorded message saying our call could not be connected to a
    >help person because it was now outside Xtra's normal hours of business and
    >all their help staff had now gone home. Or words to that affect!! My mate
    >was ....... unhappy.
    >I was unhappy. That's why I have TelstraClear cable and not Xtra
    >broadbullsh_t.
    >
    >Don't they advertise a 24/7 help service? It's on all the documentation he
    >got with his setup pack. Misleading at best. Typical Telesc$#@&um.

    I can't understand all these Xtra people bleating about the lack of
    service. Why don't they vote with their wallets and go to another
    ISP. I did 5 years ago and have never looked back..
    Mutlley, Aug 24, 2007
  4. Full Throttle

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:04:43 +1200, Mutlley <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >"Full Throttle" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Last evening about 7-30 I went to a mate's house to help him install his new
    >>xtra broadband system. All went fine until he came to the part where the
    >>user name and password needed to be inserted. You guessed it, he forgot the
    >>password. I told him not to worry as Xtra promised to be there for him for
    >>help and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whew......thank goodness
    >>for that.
    >>
    >>About 9pm, having waited for a help person for over 45 minutes, there was a
    >>click, and a recorded message saying our call could not be connected to a
    >>help person because it was now outside Xtra's normal hours of business and
    >>all their help staff had now gone home. Or words to that affect!! My mate
    >>was ....... unhappy.
    >>I was unhappy. That's why I have TelstraClear cable and not Xtra
    >>broadbullsh_t.
    >>
    >>Don't they advertise a 24/7 help service? It's on all the documentation he
    >>got with his setup pack. Misleading at best. Typical Telesc$#@&um.
    >>

    >I can't understand all these Xtra people bleating about the lack of
    >service. Why don't they vote with their wallets and go to another
    >ISP. I did 5 years ago and have never looked back..

    Bully for you. But when one pays for a service, one expects to receive
    it and NOT complaining about it is what sheep do.

    BTW - looks like Xtra will compensate users for this weekend's fiasco:

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4176846a10.html
    Donchano, Aug 24, 2007
  5. Full Throttle

    John Guest

    > Last evening about 7-30 I went to a mate's house to help him install his
    > new xtra broadband system. All went fine until he came to the part where
    > the user name and password needed to be inserted. You guessed it, he
    > forgot the password. I told him not to worry as Xtra promised to be there
    > for him for help and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
    > Whew......thank goodness for that.
    >
    > About 9pm, having waited for a help person for over 45 minutes, there was
    > a click, and a recorded message saying our call could not be connected to
    > a help person because it was now outside Xtra's normal hours of business
    > and all their help staff had now gone home. Or words to that affect!! My
    > mate was ....... unhappy.
    > I was unhappy. That's why I have TelstraClear cable and not Xtra
    > broadbullsh_t.
    >
    > Don't they advertise a 24/7 help service? It's on all the documentation
    > he got with his setup pack. Misleading at best. Typical Telesc$#@&um.

    Where does it say 24x7? I don't know any other ISP who provides that. Have
    you even tried getting through to Telstra on the phone during normal times,
    they keep you waiting for more than an hour. At least with telecom, it is
    answered quickly (at least during normal periods) Currently they are
    obviously experiencing high call loads due to the email problems.
    John, Aug 24, 2007
  6. In article <1187925050.920169@ftpsrv1>, says...

    > Where does it say 24x7? I don't know any other ISP who provides that. Have
    > you even tried getting through to Telstra on the phone during normal times,
    > they keep you waiting for more than an hour. At least with telecom, it is
    > answered quickly (at least during normal periods) Currently they are
    > obviously experiencing high call loads due to the email problems.

    Let me enlighten you then.

    Ihug's helpline was - except for the bad spell after Iinet took over - always
    available to me when I had my account with them, be it 2pm or 3 am.
    I have rung Iconz helpdesk a few times at 1am and 3am and been answered fairly
    smartly every time.

    You may just have to look a bit further than Xtra and Telstra, John.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Aug 24, 2007
  7. Full Throttle

    John Guest

    "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    > In article <1187925050.920169@ftpsrv1>, says...
    >>
    >> Where does it say 24x7? I don't know any other ISP who provides that.
    >> Have
    >> you even tried getting through to Telstra on the phone during normal
    >> times,
    >> they keep you waiting for more than an hour. At least with telecom, it is
    >> answered quickly (at least during normal periods) Currently they are
    >> obviously experiencing high call loads due to the email problems.
    >>

    > Let me enlighten you then.
    >
    > Ihug's helpline was - except for the bad spell after Iinet took over -
    > always
    > available to me when I had my account with them, be it 2pm or 3 am.
    > I have rung Iconz helpdesk a few times at 1am and 3am and been answered
    > fairly
    > smartly every time.
    >
    > You may just have to look a bit further than Xtra and Telstra, John.
    >
    > -P.

    > firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com

    Well I am with slingshot, and they don't offer it. Neither do Xnet or Orcon,
    who are 3 of NZs major ISPs
    John, Aug 24, 2007
  8. Full Throttle

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:26:43 +1200, "John" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >"Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <1187925050.920169@ftpsrv1>, says...
    >>>
    >>> Where does it say 24x7? I don't know any other ISP who provides that.
    >>> Have
    >>> you even tried getting through to Telstra on the phone during normal
    >>> times,
    >>> they keep you waiting for more than an hour. At least with telecom, it is
    >>> answered quickly (at least during normal periods) Currently they are
    >>> obviously experiencing high call loads due to the email problems.
    >>>

    >> Let me enlighten you then.
    >>
    >> Ihug's helpline was - except for the bad spell after Iinet took over -
    >> always
    >> available to me when I had my account with them, be it 2pm or 3 am.
    >> I have rung Iconz helpdesk a few times at 1am and 3am and been answered
    >> fairly
    >> smartly every time.
    >>
    >> You may just have to look a bit further than Xtra and Telstra, John.
    >>
    >> -P.
    >>
    >> --
    >> firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com

    >Well I am with slingshot, and they don't offer it. Neither do Xnet or Orcon,
    >who are 3 of NZs major ISPs

    Xtra, Ihug and Clearnet.
    Donchano, Aug 24, 2007
  9. Full Throttle

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:56:26 +1200, Donchano
    <> exclaimed:

    >>I can't understand all these Xtra people bleating about the lack of
    >>service. Why don't they vote with their wallets and go to another
    >>ISP. I did 5 years ago and have never looked back..

    >Bully for you. But when one pays for a service, one expects to receive
    >it and NOT complaining about it is what sheep do.

    Bullshit. Whinging about it and not doing anything about it is what
    morons do.

    It's simple. If you don't like the service, CHANGE ISP.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 24, 2007
  10. Full Throttle

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:34:05 +1200, Fred Dagg <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:56:26 +1200, Donchano
    ><> exclaimed:
    >
    >>>I can't understand all these Xtra people bleating about the lack of
    >>>service. Why don't they vote with their wallets and go to another
    >>>ISP. I did 5 years ago and have never looked back..

    >>Bully for you. But when one pays for a service, one expects to receive
    >>it and NOT complaining about it is what sheep do.

    >Bullshit. Whinging about it and not doing anything about it is what
    >morons do.
    >
    >It's simple. If you don't like the service, CHANGE ISP.

    Leave it to Fred to turn a thread about Xtra/Telecom into a personal
    attack and lower the level of debate.

    Complaining to Xtra and Telecom IS doing something about it. Which is
    what I've done on several occasions ... and received numerous refunds
    and credits, and seen improvements to their service as a result. I've
    also made formal complaints to the Commerce Commission, which helped
    result in refunds for Xtra Go Large customers such as myself.

    And yes. I have already tried out other ISP's and Xtra is still the
    best option for my telecommunication needs at the moment.

    On the other hand, if you don't like people complaining about Xtra or
    Telecom on nzcomp you can always ignore the thread instead of shooting
    off your keyboard. But that wouldn't give you an opportunity to show
    everybody how all-knowing and wise you are, would it?
    Donchano, Aug 24, 2007
  11. Full Throttle

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:39:35 +1200, Donchano
    <> exclaimed:

    >On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:34:05 +1200, Fred Dagg <>
    >magnanimously proffered:
    >
    >>On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:56:26 +1200, Donchano
    >><> exclaimed:

    >>>Bully for you. But when one pays for a service, one expects to receive
    >>>it and NOT complaining about it is what sheep do.

    >>Bullshit. Whinging about it and not doing anything about it is what
    >>morons do.
    >>
    >>It's simple. If you don't like the service, CHANGE ISP.

    >Leave it to Fred to turn a thread about Xtra/Telecom into a personal
    >attack and lower the level of debate.
    >
    >Complaining to Xtra and Telecom IS doing something about it. Which is
    >what I've done on several occasions ... and received numerous refunds
    >and credits, and seen improvements to their service as a result. I've
    >also made formal complaints to the Commerce Commission, which helped
    >result in refunds for Xtra Go Large customers such as myself.
    >
    >And yes. I have already tried out other ISP's and Xtra is still the
    >best option for my telecommunication needs at the moment.
    >
    >On the other hand, if you don't like people complaining about Xtra or
    >Telecom on nzcomp you can always ignore the thread instead of shooting
    >off your keyboard. But that wouldn't give you an opportunity to show
    >everybody how all-knowing and wise you are, would it?

    *yawn*

    My apologies if people telling you to grow up, change to another ISP
    if you don't like it, and get a life offends you.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 25, 2007
  12. Full Throttle

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:02:34 +1200, Fred Dagg <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >My apologies if people telling you to grow up, change to another ISP
    >if you don't like it, and get a life offends you.

    Get a life? Coming from a self-serving old fool whose entire life
    seems to revolve around newsgroups and going out of his way to be
    obnoxious, you're hardly in a position to give out advice.

    But do feel free to stick your apologies up the same large orifice in
    which you keep your head.
    Donchano, Aug 25, 2007
  13. Full Throttle

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:50:16 +1200, Donchano
    <> exclaimed:

    >On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:02:34 +1200, Fred Dagg <>
    >magnanimously proffered:
    >
    >>My apologies if people telling you to grow up, change to another ISP
    >>if you don't like it, and get a life offends you.

    >Get a life? Coming from a self-serving old fool whose entire life
    >seems to revolve around newsgroups and going out of his way to be
    >obnoxious, you're hardly in a position to give out advice.

    That makes no sense.

    How about you grow up, blacklist me if you don't like it, and get a
    life?
    Fred Dagg, Aug 25, 2007
  14. Full Throttle

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:00:36 +1200, Fred Dagg <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:50:16 +1200, Donchano
    ><> exclaimed:
    >
    >>On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:02:34 +1200, Fred Dagg <>
    >>magnanimously proffered:
    >>
    >>>My apologies if people telling you to grow up, change to another ISP
    >>>if you don't like it, and get a life offends you.

    >>Get a life? Coming from a self-serving old fool whose entire life
    >>seems to revolve around newsgroups and going out of his way to be
    >>obnoxious, you're hardly in a position to give out advice.

    >That makes no sense.

    Makes a lot of sense to the people who read your posts. Think about
    it...

    >How about you grow up, blacklist me if you don't like it, and get a
    >life?

    This coming from someone who went out of his way to stick his oar in
    something he could have simply ignored? Being an asshole IS your life,
    Fred.
    Donchano, Aug 25, 2007
  15. Full Throttle

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:07:49 +1200, Donchano
    <> exclaimed:

    >On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:00:36 +1200, Fred Dagg <>
    >magnanimously proffered:
    >
    >>On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:50:16 +1200, Donchano
    >><> exclaimed:
    >>
    >>>On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:02:34 +1200, Fred Dagg <>
    >>>magnanimously proffered:

    >>>Get a life? Coming from a self-serving old fool whose entire life
    >>>seems to revolve around newsgroups and going out of his way to be
    >>>obnoxious, you're hardly in a position to give out advice.

    >>That makes no sense.

    >Makes a lot of sense to the people who read your posts. Think about
    >it...

    The sentence structure is incorrect, rendering it about as worthless
    as the content. Thing about it...

    >>How about you grow up, blacklist me if you don't like it, and get a
    >>life?

    >This coming from someone who went out of his way to stick his oar in
    >something he could have simply ignored? Being an asshole IS your life,
    >Fred.

    It's correctly spelt "arsehole" over here, loser.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 25, 2007