    email they need to retrieve?
    Xtra block anyone making a pop connection from overseas, as they only allow
    a pop connection if you connect to the internet through xtra.

    Vista, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Vista

    EMB Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > My parents in the UK aren't able to access their email today, as xtras
    > webmail has been down as shown at http://xtramail.xtra.co.nz/
    > Anyone know how they can access email from overseas, as they have an urgent
    > email they need to retrieve?
    > Xtra block anyone making a pop connection from overseas, as they only allow
    > a pop connection if you connect to the internet through xtra.

    You could retrieve it via an xtra account here, then forward it to
    something like a gmail account for them to retrieve.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Aug 7, 2006

  3. Vista

    Geopelia Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > Vista wrote:
    >> My parents in the UK aren't able to access their email today, as xtras
    >> webmail has been down as shown at http://xtramail.xtra.co.nz/
    >> Anyone know how they can access email from overseas, as they have an
    >> urgent email they need to retrieve?
    >> Xtra block anyone making a pop connection from overseas, as they only
    >> allow a pop connection if you connect to the internet through xtra.

    > You could retrieve it via an xtra account here, then forward it to
    > something like a gmail account for them to retrieve.
    >
    > --
    > EMB

    I looked at that website. They seem to be doing maintenance. I hope emails
    in the pipeline will still get through when the maintenance is finished.

    Maybe Telecom are about to dump all of xtra, as well as the newsgroups. I
    wouldn't be surprised.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Aug 7, 2006
  4. Vista

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-08-07, Vista <> wrote:
    > My parents in the UK aren't able to access their email today, as xtras
    > webmail has been down as shown at http://xtramail.xtra.co.nz/
    > Anyone know how they can access email from overseas, as they have an urgent
    > email they need to retrieve?

    dialup should work :) dial xtras (NZ) access number from the UK...

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Aug 8, 2006
  5. Vista

    Vista Guest

    "jasen" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-08-07, Vista <> wrote:
    >> My parents in the UK aren't able to access their email today, as xtras
    >> webmail has been down as shown at http://xtramail.xtra.co.nz/
    >> Anyone know how they can access email from overseas, as they have an
    >> urgent
    >> email they need to retrieve?

    > dialup should work :) dial xtras (NZ) access number from the UK...
    >

    > Bye.
    > Jasen

    It probably does, but they don't have it setup on their laptop and wouldn't
    have the technical knowledge on how to set it up. Also the price xtra charge
    for the international connection is about $25 per hour on a dialup. They can
    now access their webmail so it isn't a problem. It would be good if xtra had
    a backup webmail system, as it wouldn't be difficult to do. They have been
    having major problems with their new webmail interface, and it isn't fully
    compatible with Opera, Firefox or even IE, as it keeps logging you out. This
    is likely to be the reason why they are having to do all this maintenance
    work on it.

    Vista, Aug 8, 2006
  6. Vista

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-08-08, Vista <> wrote:

    > "jasen" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2006-08-07, Vista <> wrote:
    >>> My parents in the UK aren't able to access their email today, as xtras
    >>> webmail has been down as shown at http://xtramail.xtra.co.nz/
    >>> Anyone know how they can access email from overseas, as they have an
    >>> urgent
    >>> email they need to retrieve?

    >> dialup should work :) dial xtras (NZ) access number from the UK...

    > It probably does, but they don't have it setup on their laptop and wouldn't
    > have the technical knowledge on how to set it up.

    so ring the help number...

    > Also the price xtra charge
    > for the international connection is about $25 per hour on a dialup.

    all of a sudden this email seems less urgent.

    > They can now access their webmail so it isn't a problem.

    that's good.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Aug 9, 2006