    Does anyone know how much its cost to host a web with Xtra. ?

    Cheers Peter...

    --
    Peter, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Peter

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Peter

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:16:38 +1200, Peter wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know how much its cost to host a web with Xtra. ?

    Have you looked at http://www.xtra.co.nz ?

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Peter

    Crash Guest

    Bling-Bling wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:16:38 +1200, Peter wrote:
    >

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>Does anyone know how much its cost to host a web with Xtra. ?

    > Have you looked at http://www.xtra.co.nz ?

    Yep - starting with this link it took me less than 30 seconds to find
    out about business and personal hosting options.

    Did you expect someone to do this for you?

    Crash.
    Crash, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Crash" <> wrote in message
    > Bling-Bling wrote:
    >> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:16:38 +1200, Peter wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know how much its cost to host a web with Xtra. ?

    >> Have you looked at http://www.xtra.co.nz ?

    > Yep - starting with this link it took me less than 30 seconds to find out
    > about business and personal hosting options.
    >
    > Did you expect someone to do this for you?

    Ummm I tried for 15 min then posted here...

    Tried again to see if youre right and found

    http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,6105,00.html

    Enjoyed the thread.. But you are right!!!

    Peter, Jun 26, 2005
  6. "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know how much its cost to host a web with Xtra. ?

    > http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,6105,00.html
    >
    > $25 per month for 20MB storage. Extra MB are $10 per month!
    >
    > You're better to find a webhost who just does webhosting and nothing
    > else. You'll get far better rates, more for your money and likely much
    > better support.

    And that's not even supporting Frontpage. You have to use FTP for
    publishing. No ASP, and only a couple of CGI scripts.

    No thanks, this service is too expensive. Try Intellihost, 2day.com or
    iServe.

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    Mauricio Freitas, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Peter

    Rob Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how much its cost to host a web with Xtra. ?

    > http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,6105,00.html
    >
    > $25 per month for 20MB storage. Extra MB are $10 per month!
    >
    > You're better to find a webhost who just does webhosting and nothing
    > else. You'll get far better rates, more for your money and likely much
    > better support.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.co.nz

    That fee isn't including domain parking fees, which they charge an
    additional monthly fee for.
    Rob, Jun 27, 2005
  8. Peter

    Chris Hope Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >> Peter wrote:
    >>
    >> > Does anyone know how much its cost to host a web with Xtra. ?

    >> http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,6105,00.html
    >>
    >> $25 per month for 20MB storage. Extra MB are $10 per month!
    >>
    >> You're better to find a webhost who just does webhosting and nothing
    >> else. You'll get far better rates, more for your money and likely
    >> much better support.
    >>

    > That fee isn't including domain parking fees, which they charge an
    > additional monthly fee for.

    I thought they probably did, but couldn't see anything in their site
    about it. From memory they rip you off to the tune of $7 per month per
    domain to point it at your site.

    Chris Hope, Jun 27, 2005
  9. Peter

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:36:27 +1200, Mauricio Freitas wrote:

    > And that's not even supporting Frontpage. You have to use FTP for
    > publishing. No ASP, and only a couple of CGI scripts.
    >
    > No thanks, this service is too expensive. Try Intellihost, 2day.com or
    > iServe.

    iServe is good - I use Iserve as host for my domain name.

    iServe costs more to host a website than I think is reasonable. If you
    want reasonably priced hosting for a website seriously consider having it
    hosted in the USA.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 27, 2005
  10. Peter

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:03:49 +1200, Bling-Bling wrote:

    > iServe is good - I use Iserve as host for my domain name.
    >
    > iServe costs more to host a website than I think is reasonable.

    Some statements I read, leave me wondering....
    Gordon, Jun 27, 2005
  11. Peter

    Rob Guest

    "Bling-Bling" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:36:27 +1200, Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    >
    >> And that's not even supporting Frontpage. You have to use FTP for
    >> publishing. No ASP, and only a couple of CGI scripts.
    >>
    >> No thanks, this service is too expensive. Try Intellihost, 2day.com or
    >> iServe.

    > iServe is good - I use Iserve as host for my domain name.
    >
    > iServe costs more to host a website than I think is reasonable. If you
    > want reasonably priced hosting for a website seriously consider having it
    > hosted in the USA.

    Wouldn't recommend US hosting for a company website though, not if you want
    reliability and good uptime, and don't want delays with receiving your
    email. Also US websites do load slower here in New Zealand, as well as
    slower response times. If you have a NZ website, that is going to be viewed
    by NZers, then hosting on NZ based servers is the best option. $1 a day for
    hosting a business website is nothing.
    Rob, Jun 28, 2005
  12. In article <1119924475.815983@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    >Wouldn't recommend US hosting for a company website though, not if you want
    >reliability and good uptime, and don't want delays with receiving your
    >email.

    Would you claim this of all US hosting companies, or only some of them?

    I ask because I'm setting up a couple of servers in the US to spread the
    load from the primary server here in NZ.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 28, 2005
  13. Peter

    Rob Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > In article <1119924475.815983@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Wouldn't recommend US hosting for a company website though, not if you

    want
    > >reliability and good uptime, and don't want delays with receiving your
    > >email.

    > Would you claim this of all US hosting companies, or only some of them?
    >
    > I ask because I'm setting up a couple of servers in the US to spread the
    > load from the primary server here in NZ.

    I would say from past experience from using about 10 different US based
    hosting companies, and they have all had issues from time to time. SOme are
    better than others, some are shockingly bad, and some are reasonably good.
    I also use NZ servers, and haven't had the same types of issues and it is
    offered far better reliability, however all web hosts will have some issues
    and downtime from time to time.
    Using US servers are sometimes unavoidable due to costs here in NZ, so if a
    website has very high traffic requirements, then US hosting is often the
    only affordable solution.
    Rob, Jun 29, 2005