    'Xtra Broadband ADVENTURE $59.95 per month'.........hasn't increased at all.
    Not one jot.

    I am unsure if I can keep holding my breath.......

    katusbratus, Apr 2, 2006

  2. katusbratus

    Thor Guest

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:07:39 +1200, katusbratus wrote:

    > Well it is 11 am on sunday the second. The speed of my broadband
    > connection.....:
    >
    > 'Xtra Broadband ADVENTURE $59.95 per month'.........hasn't increased at
    > all. Not one jot.
    >
    > I am unsure if I can keep holding my breath.......

    Mine did briefly then I hit my bloody cap...Log into your modem/router
    and see if it has increased on it if not try resetting it.

    Thor, Apr 2, 2006

  3. katusbratus

    repent Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:07:39 +1200, katusbratus wrote:
    >
    > > Well it is 11 am on sunday the second. The speed of my broadband
    > > connection.....:
    > >
    > > 'Xtra Broadband ADVENTURE $59.95 per month'.........hasn't increased at
    > > all. Not one jot.
    > >
    > > I am unsure if I can keep holding my breath.......

    > Mine did briefly then I hit my bloody cap...Log into your modem/router
    > and see if it has increased on it if not try resetting it.

    last night my modem went offline and reconnecting showed connection at
    4.0Mbps but a speed test showed 277kbps.

    according to telcon the changeover shouldn't require any adjustment by the
    user ?

    repent, Apr 2, 2006
  4. katusbratus

    Zonky Guest

    "repent" <> wrote in

    > last night my modem went offline and reconnecting showed connection at
    > 4.0Mbps but a speed test showed 277kbps.
    >
    > according to telcon the changeover shouldn't require any adjustment by
    > the user ?

    You may wish to try googling TCPOptimize if using windows.

    Z.
    --
    Please remove my_pants when replying by email.

    BOYCOTT MIDAS NZ FOR PLACING ADVERTS DURING LIVE F1 on SKY SPORTS!
    http://boycottmidas.blogspot.com/

    Zonky, Apr 2, 2006
  5. On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:08:24 +0000, Zonky wrote:

    > "repent" <> wrote in
    >

    >> last night my modem went offline and reconnecting showed connection at
    >> 4.0Mbps but a speed test showed 277kbps.
    >>
    >> according to telcon the changeover shouldn't require any adjustment by
    >> the user ?

    > You may wish to try googling TCPOptimize if using windows.

    Xtra said (in an letter) they will gradually be upgrade existing
    connections "from the end of April"

    Pacific Dragon, Apr 2, 2006
  6. katusbratus

    k Guest

    Pacific Dragon wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:08:24 +0000, Zonky wrote:
    >
    >> "repent" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> last night my modem went offline and reconnecting showed connection at
    >>> 4.0Mbps but a speed test showed 277kbps.
    >>>
    >>> according to telcon the changeover shouldn't require any adjustment by
    >>> the user ?

    >> You may wish to try googling TCPOptimize if using windows.

    > Xtra said (in an letter) they will gradually be upgrade existing
    > connections "from the end of April"

    April 23rd is a date I have heard around..

    k, Apr 2, 2006
  7. katusbratus

    katusbratus Guest

    "k" <> wrote in message news:442f6601$...
    > Pacific Dragon wrote:
    >> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:08:24 +0000, Zonky wrote:
    >>

    >> Xtra said (in an letter) they will gradually be upgrade existing
    >> connections "from the end of April"
    >>

    > April 23rd is a date I have heard around..

    Which is a tad different from what was originally said ( on a now non
    existant page) that the upgrades would begin in early April...which was then
    amended to the end of April...and now who knows...given the absence of any
    official notification.......

    Still...I guess they can look the Govt in the eye and confirm they are doing
    something about the abysmal situation.

    *sigh*

    katusbratus, Apr 2, 2006
  8. katusbratus

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 17:49:09 +1200, k <> wrote:

    >Pacific Dragon wrote:
    >> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:08:24 +0000, Zonky wrote:
    >>
    >>> "repent" <> wrote in

    >>> You may wish to try googling TCPOptimize if using windows.

    >> Xtra said (in an letter) they will gradually be upgrade existing
    >> connections "from the end of April"
    >>

    >April 23rd is a date I have heard around..

    they told me it would be done by today

    Squirrel, Apr 9, 2006
  9. katusbratus

    cyril Guest

    >April 23rd is a date I have heard around..
    >
    > they told me it would be done by today

    I rang them late last week, they said the upgrade to the new plan would
    action within 48hrs, if I had not rung then it would happen sometime
    during April as they got to it.

    Within 3hrs my usage meter reflected an increase from 1G to 5G cap,
    however according to nzdsl speed test I am still at 1Mb/s as previous.
    On asking they said that they change the parameters of my account
    straight away, thus the 5Gcap, but throttling parameters in the
    routers/dslams are rolled out as they get round to it.

    Cyril

    cyril, Apr 10, 2006
  10. katusbratus

    David Guest

    katusbratus wrote:
    > Well it is 11 am on sunday the second. The speed of my broadband
    > connection.....:
    >
    > 'Xtra Broadband ADVENTURE $59.95 per month'.........hasn't increased at all.
    > Not one jot.
    >
    > I am unsure if I can keep holding my breath.......

    Heh. It won't. That's the whole point.

    David, Apr 11, 2006
  11. katusbratus

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <SZD_f.12355$>,
    David <> wrote:

    > katusbratus wrote:
    > > Well it is 11 am on sunday the second. The speed of my broadband
    > > connection.....:
    > >
    > > 'Xtra Broadband ADVENTURE $59.95 per month'.........hasn't increased at
    > > all.
    > > Not one jot.
    > >
    > > I am unsure if I can keep holding my breath.......
    > >

    > Heh. It won't. That's the whole point.

    BUT, you have a flash new name for the plan, so advertising exec
    probably made a bundle comming up with the names.

    whoisthis, Apr 11, 2006