    delivery.

    Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.

    Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    the POWER and the GLORY, Apr 16, 2006

  2. the POWER and the GLORY

    Steve Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:27:11 +1200, the POWER and the GLORY wrote:

    > Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    > delivery.
    >
    > Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >
    > Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    Not on ihug that's for sure. Every now and then it skips up to 1Mbit, then
    back down to 300k. Now bad for an alleged 3.5Mbit line is it?

    Steve, Apr 16, 2006

  3. the POWER and the GLORY

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:27:11 +1200, the POWER and the GLORY wrote:
    >
    >> Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in
    >> page delivery.
    >>
    >> Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >>
    >> Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    > Not on ihug that's for sure. Every now and then it skips up to 1Mbit,
    > then back down to 300k. Now bad for an alleged 3.5Mbit line is it?

    I'm happy with my Actrix 2Mbit connection:

    http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1145184900.jpg
    --
    ~Shaun~

    ~misfit~, Apr 16, 2006
  4. the POWER and the GLORY

    PC Guest

    "the POWER and the GLORY" <> wrote in message
    > Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    > delivery.
    >
    > Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >
    > Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    No, mines still on 2019 - 2024 kbps just where it's been since the 2 Mbps
    service started.
    :-(
    P.

    PC, Apr 16, 2006
  5. the POWER and the GLORY

    bambam Guest

    > Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    > delivery.
    >
    > Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >
    > Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    Yip, I've had it for nearly 48 hours now. :)
    Just did a test at-

    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/index.php?module=Speedtest

    Download Speed: 2697 kbps (337.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 75 kbps (9.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

    Glad I'm not uploading much.

    bambam, Apr 16, 2006
  6. the POWER and the GLORY

    Thor Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:25:34 +0000, bambam wrote:

    > "the POWER and the GLORY" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    >> delivery.
    >>
    >> Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >>
    >> Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    > Yip, I've had it for nearly 48 hours now. :) Just did a test at-
    >
    > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/index.php?module=Speedtest
    >
    > Download Speed: 2697 kbps (337.1 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 75
    > kbps (9.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    >
    > Glad I'm not uploading much.

    It's definitely set up for downloaders rather than uploaders this
    system. I seem to be on the 3.5 system now.

    Download Speed: 3371 kbps (421.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

    I got a letter the other day saying it would be then end of April but I'm
    not going to complain.

    Thor, Apr 16, 2006
  7. the POWER and the GLORY

    James West Guest

    well all last week when my speed cap was in force the modem was connected at
    3600kbs

    now the cap is off I just got home and the conection is at 64Kbps

    how strange

    reboot the modem 5 times and the best I can get is 704Kbps

    james

    James West, Apr 17, 2006
  8. the POWER and the GLORY

    James West Guest

    my upstream is 672Kbps go figure

    James West, Apr 17, 2006
  9. the POWER and the GLORY

    PC Guest

    "bambam" <> wrote in message
    > "the POWER and the GLORY" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    >> delivery.
    >>
    >> Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >>
    >> Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    > Yip, I've had it for nearly 48 hours now. :)
    > Just did a test at-
    >
    > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/index.php?module=Speedtest
    >
    > Download Speed: 2697 kbps (337.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    > Upload Speed: 75 kbps (9.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    >
    > Glad I'm not uploading much.

    I got
    Download Speed: 1929 kbps (241.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 174 kbps (21.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    from that site.
    Paul.

    PC, Apr 17, 2006
  10. On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:25:34 +0000, bambam wrote:

    > Download Speed: 2697 kbps (337.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    > Upload Speed: 75 kbps (9.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

    Orcon 2Mbit as of now:

    Download Speed: 379 kbps (47.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 132 kbps (16.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

    --
    Regards,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Apr 17, 2006
  11. the POWER and the GLORY

    Jennings Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 23:04:35 +1200, PC wrote:

    > "the POWER and the GLORY" <> wrote in message
    >> Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    >> delivery.
    >>
    >> Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >>
    >> Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?
    >>

    > No, mines still on 2019 - 2024 kbps just where it's been since the 2 Mbps
    > service started.
    > :-(
    > P.

    Grab a tack and press the router reset button then re enter your username
    and password etc

    My xtra adsl now flys

    Jennings, Apr 17, 2006
  12. "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:25:34 +0000, bambam wrote:
    >
    >> Download Speed: 2697 kbps (337.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    >> Upload Speed: 75 kbps (9.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

    > Orcon 2Mbit as of now:
    >
    > Download Speed: 379 kbps (47.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    > Upload Speed: 132 kbps (16.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

    This site should in theory should report your speed..(I've had 1000's of
    people use it and it reports pretty accurately for people). But due to some
    exchanges contention Ration kicking in.. you might not (ever?) get the speed
    you are buying (changing ISP's won't help).

    Also, if you line connects at a lower speed (distance form the
    exchange/line quality). it might be be fast enough to get what you are
    buying).

    Craig Whitmore, Apr 17, 2006
  13. the POWER and the GLORY

    Troggles Guest

    the POWER and the GLORY wrote:
    > Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    > delivery.
    >
    > Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >
    > Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    3246 here. but xtra have recently improved things. it fuckin flies now.

    Troggles, Apr 17, 2006
  14. the POWER and the GLORY

    Troggles Guest

    the POWER and the GLORY wrote:

    > Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    > delivery.
    >
    > Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >
    > Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    I love xtra since they imnproved things. 3246 here. goes like the
    clappers. lol Mind you, uploads still a heap of crap

    Troggles, Apr 17, 2006
  15. the POWER and the GLORY

    Troggles Guest

    Thor wrote:

    > On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:25:34 +0000, bambam wrote:
    >

    >>"the POWER and the GLORY" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Just noticed while browsing this evening, a certain "snappiness" in page
    >>>delivery.
    >>>
    >>>Checked on the Jetstream speed test, and found it has been increased.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone else notice theirs' has also been boosted?

    >>Yip, I've had it for nearly 48 hours now. :) Just did a test at-
    >>
    >>http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/index.php?module=Speedtest
    >>
    >>Download Speed: 2697 kbps (337.1 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 75
    >>kbps (9.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    >>
    >>Glad I'm not uploading much.

    > It's definitely set up for downloaders rather than uploaders this
    > system. I seem to be on the 3.5 system now.
    >
    > Download Speed: 3371 kbps (421.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    >
    > I got a letter the other day saying it would be then end of April but I'm
    > not going to complain.

    xtra have a habit of rolling things out over a month. They got 4
    billing cycdles I think and depending on which cycle youre on depends on
    when you get the upgrade.

    I'm on the explorer plan (3 gig) and that went upto 5 gig around March
    25 or something. Speed increased last week.

    toodles

    Troggles, Apr 17, 2006
  16. On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:01:40 +1200, Craig Whitmore wrote:

    > This site should in theory should report your speed..(I've had 1000's of
    > people use it and it reports pretty accurately for people). But due to some
    > exchanges contention Ration kicking in.. you might not (ever?) get the speed
    > you are buying (changing ISP's won't help).
    >
    > Also, if you line connects at a lower speed (distance form the
    > exchange/line quality). it might be be fast enough to get what you are
    > buying).

    Must have been the time of day, here's the test now:

    Download Speed: 1928 kbps (241 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 130 kbps (16.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

    --
    Regards,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Apr 17, 2006
  17. the POWER and the GLORY

    cyril Guest

    nzdsl now shows my download at 2491kb/s with an upload of 130kb/s. Last
    week (and as per previous year) I had typically 980kb/s download
    130kb/s upload on my 1Mb/s, 1GByte cap.

    Im happy with that, guess it does not tell the whole story with
    international traffic and local loading taken into account.

    Cyril

    cyril, Apr 17, 2006
  18. "cyril" <> wrote in message
    > nzdsl now shows my download at 2491kb/s with an upload of 130kb/s. Last
    > week (and as per previous year) I had typically 980kb/s download
    > 130kb/s upload on my 1Mb/s, 1GByte cap.
    >
    > Im happy with that, guess it does not tell the whole story with
    > international traffic and local loading taken into account.
    >
    > Cyril

    I'll be looking into the future putting an International test as well. (Then
    I can compare different ISP's international speeds)

    Thanks
    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz

    Craig Whitmore, Apr 17, 2006
  19. the POWER and the GLORY

    EMB Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:01:40 +1200, Craig Whitmore wrote:
    >

    >>This site should in theory should report your speed..(I've had 1000's of
    >>people use it and it reports pretty accurately for people). But due to some
    >>exchanges contention Ration kicking in.. you might not (ever?) get the speed
    >>you are buying (changing ISP's won't help).
    >>
    >>Also, if you line connects at a lower speed (distance form the
    >>exchange/line quality). it might be be fast enough to get what you are
    >>buying).

    > Must have been the time of day, here's the test now:
    >
    > Download Speed: 1928 kbps (241 KB/sec transfer rate)
    > Upload Speed: 130 kbps (16.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

    Same as I'm getting on a 2Mb/s ihug connection.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Apr 18, 2006
  20. the POWER and the GLORY

    repent Guest

    "Troggles" <> wrote in message

    > I'm on the explorer plan (3 gig) and that went upto 5 gig around March
    > 25 or something. Speed increased last week.

    ditto.

    did your speed increase come anywhere near 3.5mbps ?

    mine went from 256kbps to about 1720kbps

    repent, Apr 18, 2006