    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    opposite expert. - Arthur C. Clarke
    Aaron Lawrence, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Aaron Lawrence

    iascoot Guest

    Are you running XP - SP2, If So, have you tried installing the
    TCPIP.SYS Patch to increase connections, that helped me with those
    issues
    Its probably more locking up your connection by trying to open too
    many connections than using all your bandwidth

    i usually install the patch to the default 50, then set the P2P
    Program on something lower (i set my utorrent to 38), so there is
    always something spare for web browsing

    I think there is a special Advanced Option for shareaza to tell it you
    installed the patch
    iascoot, Feb 5, 2007

  3. On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
    iascoot exclaimed:
    > Are you running XP - SP2, If So, have you tried installing the
    > TCPIP.SYS Patch to increase connections, that helped me with those
    > issues
    > Its probably more locking up your connection by trying to open too
    > many connections than using all your bandwidth

    Interesting ... I'm running Win2K actually. But it could still be the
    same issue...

    Aaron Lawrence, Feb 7, 2007