    I set up a test account on my own computer, and had no trouble
    connecting to smtpr.xtra.co.nz , sending and receiving with the modem in
    my computer.

    SchoolTech, Mar 19, 2006

  2. SchoolTech

    Steven Wayne Guest

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:07:26 +1200, SchoolTech
    <> wrote:
    > I have a user who's had trouble over the weekend connecting to the Xtra
    > SMTP Secure Remote server, smtpr.xtra.co.nz when dialled up to Xtra on a
    > dialup connection.
    >
    > When we plug him into the network it is working fine, but he always has
    > trouble sending on Xtra dialup.
    >
    > I set up a test account on my own computer, and had no trouble
    > connecting to smtpr.xtra.co.nz , sending and receiving with the modem in
    > my computer.

    Can he ping smtpr.xtra.co.nz and get it resolved by DNS to an IP address?

    Can he telnet to smtpr.xtra.co.nz on port 25 and get a response to helo?

    Steven
    --
    .''`.
    : :' :

    Steven Wayne, Mar 19, 2006

  3. SchoolTech

    SchoolTech Guest

    Steven Wayne wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:07:26 +1200, SchoolTech
    > <> wrote:
    >> I have a user who's had trouble over the weekend connecting to the Xtra
    >> SMTP Secure Remote server, smtpr.xtra.co.nz when dialled up to Xtra on a
    >> dialup connection.
    >>
    >> When we plug him into the network it is working fine, but he always has
    >> trouble sending on Xtra dialup.
    >>
    >> I set up a test account on my own computer, and had no trouble
    >> connecting to smtpr.xtra.co.nz , sending and receiving with the modem in
    >> my computer.

    > Can he ping smtpr.xtra.co.nz and get it resolved by DNS to an IP address?
    >
    > Can he telnet to smtpr.xtra.co.nz on port 25 and get a response to helo?

    Xtra uses port 465.

    SchoolTech, Mar 20, 2006
  4. SchoolTech

    Steven Wayne Guest

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:56:27 +1200, SchoolTech
    <> wrote:
    > Steven Wayne wrote:
    >> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:07:26 +1200, SchoolTech
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> I have a user who's had trouble over the weekend connecting to the Xtra
    >>> SMTP Secure Remote server, smtpr.xtra.co.nz when dialled up to Xtra on a
    >>> dialup connection.
    >>>
    >>> When we plug him into the network it is working fine, but he always has
    >>> trouble sending on Xtra dialup.
    >>>
    >>> I set up a test account on my own computer, and had no trouble
    >>> connecting to smtpr.xtra.co.nz , sending and receiving with the modem in
    >>> my computer.

    >> Can he ping smtpr.xtra.co.nz and get it resolved by DNS to an IP address?
    >>
    >> Can he telnet to smtpr.xtra.co.nz on port 25 and get a response to helo?

    > Xtra uses port 465.

    Ok,

    Can he ping smtpr.xtra.co.nz and get it resolved by DNS to an IP address?

    Can he telnet to smtpr.xtra.co.nz on port 465 and get a response to helo?

    Steven
    --
    .''`.
    : :' :