Xtra proxy

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by -[Myth]-, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. -[Myth]-

    -[Myth]- Guest

    Has anyone had any success using proxy.xtra.co.nz:8080? I was thinking i
    might use it to speed things up and cut down on international data usage,
    and wanted to try out this : http://www.ispcachingforemule.de.vu/

    But I cannot access the proxy,

    I get error 403

    -[Myth]-, Nov 20, 2004

  2. -[Myth]-

    Dorado Guest

    -[Myth]- wrote:
    > Has anyone had any success using proxy.xtra.co.nz:8080? I was
    > thinking i might use it to speed things up and cut down on
    > international data usage, and wanted to try out this :
    > http://www.ispcachingforemule.de.vu/
    >
    > But I cannot access the proxy,
    >
    > I get error 403
    >
    >> ERROR
    >> The requested URL could not be retrieved
    >>
    >> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.co.nz/
    >>
    >> The following error was encountered:
    >>
    >> * Access Denied.
    >>
    >> Access control configuration prevents your request from being
    >> allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you
    >> feel this is incorrect.
    >>
    >> Your cache administrator is .
    >> Generated Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:04:20 GMT by proxy.xtra.co.nz
    >> (Squid/2.4.STABLE6)

    Does xtra run a open public proxy? Are you sure? where did you get the proxy
    server address from? Might be a restricted proxy you are trying to access.

    Dorado, Nov 21, 2004

  3. On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:16:37 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

    > Has anyone had any success using proxy.xtra.co.nz:8080? I was thinking i
    > might use it to speed things up and cut down on international data usage,
    > and wanted to try out this : http://www.ispcachingforemule.de.vu/
    >
    > But I cannot access the proxy,
    >
    > I get error 403
    >
    >> ERROR
    >> The requested URL could not be retrieved
    >>
    >> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.co.nz/
    >>
    >> The following error was encountered:
    >>
    >> * Access Denied.
    >>
    >> Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
    >>
    >> Your cache administrator is .
    >> Generated Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:04:20 GMT by proxy.xtra.co.nz (Squid/2.4.STABLE6)

    Are they using a transparent proxy? Try port 3128 instead of 8080 anyway.

    wogers nemesis, Nov 21, 2004