    customers and them a lot of wasted time, as we don't know if it is us or
    them with the problem.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Nov 5, 2006

  2. Geopelia

    Vista Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    news:eilmjf$hsf$...
    >I couldn't connect to xtra this morning and kept getting "error 676, phone
    >line busy".
    >
    > When I finally got through to xtra helpline, apparently it was a problem
    > in our area affecting other people, and they were dealing with it.
    >
    > Wouldn't it be nice if they could tell people about this sort of thing
    > when we click the 3 button for problems on the line? It would save both
    > their customers and them a lot of wasted time, as we don't know if it is
    > us or them with the problem.
    >
    > Geopelia

    Only a few ISPs are that efficient. Xtra are better than most and do often
    post problems on their network status page.

    Vista, Nov 6, 2006

  3. Geopelia

    Donchano Guest

    On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:53:20 +1300, "Vista" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >"Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>I couldn't connect to xtra this morning and kept getting "error 676, phone
    >>line busy".
    >>
    >> When I finally got through to xtra helpline, apparently it was a problem
    >> in our area affecting other people, and they were dealing with it.
    >>
    >> Wouldn't it be nice if they could tell people about this sort of thing
    >> when we click the 3 button for problems on the line? It would save both
    >> their customers and them a lot of wasted time, as we don't know if it is
    >> us or them with the problem.
    >>
    >> Geopelia
    >>

    >Only a few ISPs are that efficient. Xtra are better than most and do often
    >post problems on their network status page.

    Strange. I've very rarely seen them post problems on their network
    status page. In fact, even their telephone are often out of the loop
    and you're telling *them* about the problem for the first time.

    Maybe it has something to do with their trying to keep service rating
    (like the police not responding to people trying to report crimes, so
    the crimes aren't part of the statistics).

    Funny thing is, the last time we had a major outage and Xtra's
    helpline were busy, I called their head office and was told by that it
    was impossible for the Helpline to be engaged.

    Frankly, I put a lot of it down to incompetence, poor communication
    and an environment of corporate dishonesty.

    Donchano, Nov 6, 2006
  4. Geopelia

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:53:20 +1300, "Vista" <> wrote:

    >Only a few ISPs are that efficient. Xtra are better than most and do often
    >post problems on their network status page.

    You're kinda fecked if you can't connect to the net to view the status page ;)

    Invisible, Nov 6, 2006
  5. Geopelia

    Vista Guest

    "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:53:20 +1300, "Vista" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Only a few ISPs are that efficient. Xtra are better than most and do often
    >>post problems on their network status page.

    > You're kinda fecked if you can't connect to the net to view the status
    > page ;)

    Yes, although many people have a secondary dailup ISP, on a per hour rate so
    you aren't paying a monthly fee, just in case you main ISP goes down. This
    is a must if email is essential to your business.

    Vista, Nov 6, 2006
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:53:20 +1300, "Vista" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Only a few ISPs are that efficient. Xtra are better than most and do often
    >>post problems on their network status page.

    > You're kinda fecked if you can't connect to the net to view the status
    > page ;)

    One helpful girl even told me to look at the xtra help page when I couldn't
    connect!

    Geopelia, Nov 6, 2006