    Bloody awkward as it's a fairly important email I'm trying to send.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 3, 2003

  2. On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:31:56 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > I've been trying to email my sister in Australia for a day or two now and
    > her provider, useoz, is refusing email originating from Xtra. Helpdesk tells
    > me it's because they're on some list or other and are trying to rectify it.

    <Nelson>

    Haaa haaaa

    </Nelson>

    > Bloody awkward as it's a fairly important email I'm trying to send.

    Anyone relying on email for important data transfer deserves all the pain
    they get.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Nov 3, 2003

  3. ~misfit~

    Ferg Guest

    If it is not too private would you like me to relay it?

    Ferg

    Ferg, Nov 3, 2003
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ferg wrote:
    > If it is not too private would you like me to relay it?

    Yes please Ferg, it's just an email confirming that I recieved a parcel and
    enquiring as to the health of my family. There have been semi-valuable
    parcels and letters lost in the post before and we now always confirm when
    they are sent and when we get them or panic tends to set in. (I actually
    think they are removed from my mailbox at the end of the drive, the area I
    live in is pretty low-rent with all that implies)

    You don't have an addy that I can use in the headers though, (niether do I),
    could you contact me at misfit (at) orcon (dot) net (dot) nz please? I've
    tried re-sending about five times, the last time just now, as Xtra helpdesk
    said they can usually resolve these things within 24-48 hours but it still
    bounced. I'm going out for a while in an hour or so, so unless I hear from
    you before then it'll be tonight.

    Thank you very much for your generous offer. Much appreciated.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 3, 2003
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:31:56 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> I've been trying to email my sister in Australia for a day or two
    >> now and her provider, useoz, is refusing email originating from
    >> Xtra. Helpdesk tells me it's because they're on some list or other
    >> and are trying to rectify it.

    > <Nelson>
    >
    > Haaa haaaa
    >
    > </Nelson>
    >
    >> Bloody awkward as it's a fairly important email I'm trying to send.

    > Anyone relying on email for important data transfer deserves all the
    > pain they get.

    Now now Uncle, don't be nasty. There are different definitions of
    'important'. Note the word 'fairly'. This is important in a family way,
    confirmation of a package recieved and thanks. I've had stuff disappear from
    my mailbox before and my family get a little concerned if they send me
    something and don't hear when I get it. I can't afford to ring Aussie to
    tell them I got it as the call always ends up a long one, you know what
    family is like I assume?

    BTW, I like the Simpsons reference, even if it is at my expense. :)
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 3, 2003
  6. ~misfit~

    Bret Guest

    On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:55:25 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his.desk.com>
    wrote:

    >BTW, I like the Simpsons reference, even if it is at my expense. :)

    So is Nelson AKA the boy who laughs?
    Bret, Nov 3, 2003
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:55:25 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his.desk.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> BTW, I like the Simpsons reference, even if it is at my expense. :)

    > So is Nelson AKA the boy who laughs?

    Yeah, you know the one. He has an annoying HA-ha type laugh.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 3, 2003
  8. ~misfit~

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <RUrpb.6732$>,
    "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his.desk.com> wrote:

    > I've been trying to email my sister in Australia for a day or two now and
    > her provider, useoz, is refusing email originating from Xtra. Helpdesk tells
    > me it's because they're on some list or other and are trying to rectify it.
    > Bloody awkward as it's a fairly important email I'm trying to send.

    I see you've got an Orcon email address, why not send it through their
    webmail interface? Or maybe Hotmail or YahooMail or something?

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Nov 3, 2003
  9. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    madknoxie wrote:
    > In article <RUrpb.6732$>,
    > "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his.desk.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I've been trying to email my sister in Australia for a day or two
    >> now and her provider, useoz, is refusing email originating from
    >> Xtra. Helpdesk tells me it's because they're on some list or other
    >> and are trying to rectify it. Bloody awkward as it's a fairly
    >> important email I'm trying to send.

    > I see you've got an Orcon email address, why not send it through their
    > webmail interface? Or maybe Hotmail or YahooMail or something?

    LOL, just done that, got the same message. Orcon must be on the same list.

    I don't have an active Hotmail (Yuk! Passport EULA agreement) or Yahoo
    account.

    Thanks for the suggestion though.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 3, 2003
  10. ~misfit~

    Enkidu Guest

    On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 01:31:56 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his.desk.com>
    wrote:

    >I've been trying to email my sister in Australia for a day or two now and
    >her provider, useoz, is refusing email originating from Xtra. Helpdesk tells
    >me it's because they're on some list or other and are trying to rectify it.
    >Bloody awkward as it's a fairly important email I'm trying to send.

    I doubt that they are an open relay. I suspect one of their customers
    is, as has happned before.

    They are however a HUUUUUGGGEEEEE source of SPAM. At one time I got 39
    personally emails, 15 of which traced back to Xtra addresses. Now I
    probably block 200 - 300 per day, but I don't know if they are still
    often Xtra addresses.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.
    Enkidu, Nov 4, 2003
  11. On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:04:35 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    > They are however a HUUUUUGGGEEEEE source of SPAM.

    And they mostly refuse to do anythign about it unless threatened with
    blaclkisting - their prefered response to being blacklisted is to try and
    bully their way out of it.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Nov 4, 2003
  12. ~misfit~

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, alanb+google4
    @digistar.com says...
    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:04:35 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    > > They are however a HUUUUUGGGEEEEE source of SPAM.

    > And they mostly refuse to do anythign about it unless threatened with
    > blaclkisting - their prefered response to being blacklisted is to try and
    > bully their way out of it.

    But they won a court case, didn't they
    Mainlander, Nov 4, 2003
  13. ~misfit~

    m00se Guest

    Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:04:35 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >

    > And they mostly refuse to do anythign about it unless threatened with
    > blaclkisting - their prefered response to being blacklisted is to try and
    > bully their way out of it.

    Come now Alan, when it comes to being a Bully, you sure know how to
    through your mass around.

    When you got petty with patrick, you lost any credibility you had in
    this country...
    m00se, Nov 5, 2003
  14. ~misfit~

    Enkidu Guest

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:53:44 +1300, m00se <>
    wrote:

    >Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:
    >> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:04:35 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >>

    >> And they mostly refuse to do anythign about it unless threatened with
    >> blaclkisting - their prefered response to being blacklisted is to try and
    >> bully their way out of it.

    >Come now Alan, when it comes to being a Bully, you sure know how to
    >through your mass around.
    >
    >When you got petty with patrick, you lost any credibility you had in
    >this country...

    That whole business should be buried and forgotten.

    Enkidu, Nov 5, 2003
  15. ~misfit~

    m00se Guest

    Enkidu wrote:

    > That whole business should be buried and forgotten.

    Kinda like alan...
    m00se, Nov 5, 2003
  16. ~misfit~

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:51:25 +1300, m00se <>
    wrote:

    >Enkidu wrote:
    >

    >> That whole business should be buried and forgotten.

    >Kinda like alan...

    Your name isn't Patrick is it?

    Enkidu, Nov 5, 2003
  17. ~misfit~

    m00se Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:51:25 +1300, m00se <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Your name isn't Patrick is it?

    Magic 8ball says: Try again
    m00se, Nov 5, 2003
  18. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    >>>That whole business should be buried and forgotten.

    >>Kinda like alan...

    > Your name isn't Patrick is it?

    His name is m00se... cant you read :)

    try Jeremy.