    the Usenet news server. I received a reply back that Xtra "does not provide
    support for such gaming servers". Obviously someone at Xtra is a little
    confused as to what usenet and newsgroups are.

    Jules Winnfield, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Jules Winnfield wrote:
    > After reconnecting with Xtra I downloaded their newsgroup list and noticed
    > it was missing a couple of the xbox groups I like to lurk in. So I sent a
    > friendly email to Xtra asking if these newsgroups could possibly be added to
    > the Usenet news server. I received a reply back that Xtra "does not provide
    > support for such gaming servers". Obviously someone at Xtra is a little
    > confused as to what usenet and newsgroups are.

    last time I worked there, newsadmin@*E*xtra.co.nz was going to the right
    place. remove the *E*

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 4/02/2005 10:04 p.m.:
    > Jules Winnfield wrote:
    >
    >> After reconnecting with Xtra I downloaded their newsgroup list and
    >> noticed it was missing a couple of the xbox groups I like to lurk in.
    >> So I sent a friendly email to Xtra asking if these newsgroups could
    >> possibly be added to the Usenet news server. I received a reply back
    >> that Xtra "does not provide support for such gaming servers".
    >> Obviously someone at Xtra is a little confused as to what usenet and
    >> newsgroups are.

    > last time I worked there, newsadmin@*E*xtra.co.nz was going to the right
    > place. remove the *E*

    you mean you were sucker enough to work there more than once ?

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> last time I worked there, newsadmin@*E*xtra.co.nz was going to the
    >> right place. remove the *E*

    > you mean you were sucker enough to work there more than once ?

    errr, nope, just thought that it would put a time stamp on my statement. :)

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 4, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> you mean you were sucker enough to work there more than once ?

    > errr, nope, just thought that it would put a time stamp on my statement. :)

    I dont think that they'd have me back :/
    not complaining about that, just thought Id mention it before someone
    else does.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 4, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 4/02/2005 10:14 p.m.:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >>> you mean you were sucker enough to work there more than once ?

    >> errr, nope, just thought that it would put a time stamp on my
    >> statement. :)

    > I dont think that they'd have me back :/
    > not complaining about that, just thought Id mention it before someone
    > else does.

    Dont worry Dave, just having a hard time today/nite resisting flippant
    and frivilous comments.
    Had a meeting in town (60k away) which was basically a waste of my time
    and am in a difficult mood.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 4, 2005
  7. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    > last time I worked there, newsadmin@*E*xtra.co.nz was going to the right
    > place. remove the *E*

    Thanks, I'll give them a go.

    Jules Winnfield, Feb 4, 2005
  8. Jules Winnfield

    Guest

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:00:34 +1300, Jules Winnfield wrote:

    > After reconnecting with Xtra I downloaded their newsgroup list and noticed
    > it was missing a couple of the xbox groups I like to lurk in. So I sent a
    > friendly email to Xtra asking if these newsgroups could possibly be added to
    > the Usenet news server. I received a reply back that Xtra "does not provide
    > support for such gaming servers". Obviously someone at Xtra is a little
    > confused as to what usenet and newsgroups are.

    As you know, the helpdesk people at Xtra are totally clueless about
    everything other than windows, and Outlook Express, and Internet Explorer.

    Divine

    --
    43 - for those who require slightly more than the answer to life, the universe
    and everything.

    , Feb 4, 2005
  9. Jules Winnfield

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:00:34 +1300, Jules Winnfield wrote:

    > I never thought I'd ever say this but I've ditched my Paradise account and
    > gone back to Xtra.

    Churn, churn and churn again. We need to do it for the competition.

    Gordon, Feb 5, 2005
  10. Jules Winnfield

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:19:12 +1300, wrote:

    > As you know, the helpdesk people at Xtra are totally clueless about
    > everything other than windows, and Outlook Express, and Internet Explorer.

    As are many people, their handicap.

    Gordon, Feb 5, 2005
  11. wrote:
    > As you know, the helpdesk people at Xtra are totally clueless about
    > everything other than windows, and Outlook Express, and Internet Explorer.

    hey, I used to resemble that remark :)

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 6, 2005
  12. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 6/02/2005 2:19 p.m.:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> As you know, the helpdesk people at Xtra are totally clueless about
    >> everything other than windows, and Outlook Express, and Internet
    >> Explorer.

    > hey, I used to resemble that remark :)

    God dam Dave, I am soooo Tempted to post a reply to this but it has been
    a passable day so I will resist :cool:

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 6, 2005