    And I personally think the Helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate
    teacup.

    Rider
    Rider, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Rider

    Mackin Guest

    Rider wrote:

    > Anyone getting the following error from Xtra?
    >
    > "502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - If you think this is in
    > error, contact the Xtra Helpdesk. (Twister v2.0.0)"
    >
    > I guess if you're with Xtra and reading this, then you aren't. LoL
    >
    > And I personally think the Helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate
    > teacup.
    >

    > Rider

    Well I'm with Xtra and I'm reading it. :)

    Mackin
    Mackin, Apr 6, 2005

  3. On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:50:54 -0700, Rider wrote:

    > Anyone getting the following error from Xtra?
    >
    > "502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - If you think this is in
    > error, contact the Xtra Helpdesk. (Twister v2.0.0)"
    >
    > I guess if you're with Xtra and reading this, then you aren't. LoL
    >
    > And I personally think the Helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate
    > teacup.
    >

    > Rider

    xtra adsl here
    their nntp server (which I use) can be dodgy at times, or it could be
    personal :\

    Shane (aka froggy), Apr 6, 2005
  4. Rider

    Rider Guest

    All I can say is, thank god for Gmail ... otherwise I wouldnt be able
    to be asking this.
    Rider, Apr 6, 2005
  5. Rider

    Rider Guest

    Maybe they've been hearing what I've been saying about them?

    LoL
    Rider, Apr 6, 2005
  6. Rider

    BTMO Guest

    "Shane (aka froggy)" <> wrote

    >> Anyone getting the following error from Xtra?
    >>
    >> "502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - If you think this is in
    >> error, contact the Xtra Helpdesk. (Twister v2.0.0)"

    I normally get a different error.

    I find it *really* hard to upload posts, and sometimes it takes me several
    attempts and cycles of connecting and disconnecting to even download
    messages

    Their service sucks.

    >> I guess if you're with Xtra and reading this, then you aren't. LoL
    >>
    >> And I personally think the Helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate
    >> teacup.
    >>

    >> Rider

    > xtra adsl here
    > their nntp server (which I use) can be dodgy at times, or it could be
    > personal :\

    Its dodgy *ALL* the time - it isn't just you.

    I have tried contacting them, their idea of response is "it must be your
    computer - everything looks fine from here"
    BTMO, Apr 6, 2005
  7. Rider

    BTMO Guest

    "Shane (aka froggy)" <> wrote

    > xtra adsl here
    > their nntp server (which I use) can be dodgy at times, or it could be
    > personal :\

    BTW - does this look familiar?

    "Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: Xtra News Server
    Error', Account: 'news.xtra.co.nz', Server: 'news.xtra.co.nz', Protocol:
    NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC14"
    BTMO, Apr 6, 2005
  8. Rider

    Jedmeister Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone getting the following error from Xtra?
    >
    > "502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - If you think this is in
    > error, contact the Xtra Helpdesk. (Twister v2.0.0)"
    >
    > I guess if you're with Xtra and reading this, then you aren't. LoL
    >
    > And I personally think the Helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate
    > teacup.
    >

    > Rider

    This happened to me last year sometime - xtra helpdesk said they do not
    support office 2003 applications and to call Microsoft. I phoned microsoft
    and they laughed.
    Jedmeister, Apr 6, 2005
  9. Rider

    Ralph Fox Guest

    In article <>,
    on 5 Apr 2005 21:50:54 -0700, Rider wrote:

    > Anyone getting the following error from Xtra?
    >
    > "502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - If you think this is in
    > error, contact the Xtra Helpdesk. (Twister v2.0.0)"

    The error means that the news server does not recognize your
    IP address as being an Xtra IP address, and so the server is
    treating you like an attempted freeloader from another ISP.

    If this happened when you were connected to the Internet through Xtra,
    then take note of your Xtra IP address at the time, and complain long
    and loud to Xtra (quoting that IP address).

    > I guess if you're with Xtra and reading this, then you aren't. LoL

    I first read it on Paradise,
    but Xtra is OK for me too.

    > And I personally think the Helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate
    > teacup.

    More and more, it's becoming
    that way with many helpdesks.

    In the past I have tried
    emailing both newsadmin at
    xtra.co.nz and usenet at
    xtra.co.nz. I don't know
    whether these addresses are
    still valid.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton
    Ralph Fox, Apr 6, 2005
  10. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone getting the following error from Xtra?
    >
    > "502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - If you think this is in
    > error, contact the Xtra Helpdesk. (Twister v2.0.0)"
    >
    > I guess if you're with Xtra and reading this, then you aren't. LoL
    >
    > And I personally think the Helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate
    > teacup.
    >

    > Rider

    All back to normal this morning.
    Rider, Apr 6, 2005
  11. Rider

    BTMO Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote

    > Anyone getting the following error from Xtra?
    >
    > "502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - If you think this is in
    > error, contact the Xtra Helpdesk. (Twister v2.0.0)"

    Update - I got this *exact* error today, and was unable to access newsgroups
    at all until a couple of minutes ago...
    BTMO, Apr 7, 2005
  12. Rider

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:48:22 +1200, in message
    <HQ35e.16639$>, BTMO wrote:

    > "Rider" <> wrote
    >
    > > Anyone getting the following error from Xtra?
    > >
    > > "502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied - If you think this is in
    > > error, contact the Xtra Helpdesk. (Twister v2.0.0)"

    > Update - I got this *exact* error today, and was unable to access newsgroups
    > at all until a couple of minutes ago...

    All you people with this problem, appear to have IP addresses 222.153.*.* .
    Ralph Fox, Apr 7, 2005
  13. Rider

    BTMO Guest

    "Ralph Fox" <> wrote

    >> Update - I got this *exact* error today, and was unable to access
    >> newsgroups
    >> at all until a couple of minutes ago...

    > All you people with this problem, appear to have IP addresses 222.153.*.*
    > .

    Xtra jetstream customer...
    BTMO, Apr 7, 2005