    Reading 'nz.comp' from it as we speak..
    No idea what or who it is.. doeas anyone know?

    Regards, KT

    Kevin Thompson, Aug 20, 2007

  2. Kevin Thompson wrote:
    > Been away from Xtra for a while, had to come back to Xtra because of a deal
    > with Cell Phones and the kids.
    > I didn't know they have abolished the new groups, but after a quick search
    > of
    > http://freenews.maxbaud.net/newssrch.html I found one listed purely as
    > 216.75.63.64, no name just the IP address.
    > Reading 'nz.comp' from it as we speak..
    > No idea what or who it is.. doeas anyone know?

    # telnet 216.75.63.64 nntp
    Trying 216.75.63.64...
    Connected to 216.75.63.64.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    200 news.cuneo2lemon.net DNEWS Version 5.7e1,, S0, posting OK

    Registrant:
    Gandolfo Ivo ()
    Infinity Communication
    Via Boetti 49
    Riforano-Morozzo, CUNEO 12040
    IT
    3282562342

    Mark Robinson, Aug 20, 2007

  3. > http://freenews.maxbaud.net/newssrch.html I found one listed purely as
    > 216.75.63.64, no name just the IP address.
    > Reading 'nz.comp' from it as we speak..
    > No idea what or who it is.. doeas anyone know?

    Just because the car door is open , doesn't mean you can steal the car....

    Thanks

    Craig Whitmore, Aug 20, 2007
  4. On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:05:19 +1200, Craig Whitmore wrote:

    > Just because the car door is open , doesn't mean you can steal the car....

    Think of it as public transport on Christmas day.

    That is especially worth considering given that Telecom/Xtra no longer
    provides an NNTP service of any sort - not even a bad service!

    People are forced to find access wherever they can find it. :eek:(

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 20, 2007