    that I had to ring paradise to remove the blacklist. Is this a common
    problem with ISPs?

    TIA
    Max, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Max wrote:
    > For some people I have been sending emails to over the last few days, it
    > appears that xtras mailservers have been blacklisted with some servers, as I
    > get email bounces back saying that the connection 500 has been denied due to
    > a dictionary attack so it was unable to deliver my message. I used to be
    > with paradise, and occastionally also got the same message, and it meant
    > that I had to ring paradise to remove the blacklist. Is this a common
    > problem with ISPs?

    Yes, ISPs often have idiotic spam filters, and broken RFC-violating
    e-mail software, that blocks large amounts of legitimate mail.

    The Other Guy
    The Other Guy, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Max

    thing2 Guest

    Max wrote:
    > For some people I have been sending emails to over the last few days, it
    > appears that xtras mailservers have been blacklisted with some servers, as I
    > get email bounces back saying that the connection 500 has been denied due to
    > a dictionary attack so it was unable to deliver my message. I used to be
    > with paradise, and occastionally also got the same message, and it meant
    > that I had to ring paradise to remove the blacklist. Is this a common
    > problem with ISPs?
    >
    > TIA

    There are massive dictionary attacks underway, our MX servers are being
    overloaded every day...its Xmas...spammers are busy.

    Often the blacklisters blacklist the entire ISP while it is that ISP's
    broadband connections that are doing the spam....

    So in effect it forces the ISP to do something about its errent
    customers.....or more likely they will simply ignore.

    Or it could simply be that your email couldnt get through as the
    destination's MX serevrs as they were being flooded, something I am
    seeing here 6~12 times a day.

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Dec 8, 2005
  4. On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:34:31 +1300, Max wrote:

    > Is this a common
    > problem with ISPs?

    It's a common problem with ISPs that have clients who use Micro$oft
    Windows, Micro$oft Internet Explorer, and Micro$oft Outlook/Outlook
    Express.

    Undeniably Sluttish

    --
    Free software on every PC on every desk.
    Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Dec 9, 2005