    the case with xtra?

    Cheers
    Scott
    Scott, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Scott

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Scott" wrote
    > Does xtra require you to be connected through their network to collect
    > your email via pop3?

    yes.
    T.N.O., Oct 19, 2003

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:37:15 +1300, Scott wrote:

    > Does xtra require you to be connected through their network to collect
    > your email via pop3?
    >
    > A friend has recently changed isp (to TelstraClear),
    > but still uses the xtra email (I assume they're in the process of
    > informing people of their new addy!). I know some isps a few years ago
    > blocked email access from ip numbers that didn't belong to them. Is this
    > the case with xtra?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Scott

    's ok. I just answered my own question! Finally found it on their website
    - yes they do block email traffic from other isps.
    Scott, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Scott

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Does xtra require you to be connected through their network to collect
    > your email via pop3?
    >
    > A friend has recently changed isp (to TelstraClear),
    > but still uses the xtra email (I assume they're in the process of
    > informing people of their new addy!). I know some isps a few years ago
    > blocked email access from ip numbers that didn't belong to them. Is this
    > the case with xtra?

    I believe it is.

    They can use webmail to access their Xtra mail over any ISP connection.
    Xtramail also has an option to forward messages received to another
    address.
    Mainlander, Oct 20, 2003