    Naturally users are somewhat concerned and are bending my ear......

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Oct 19, 2004

  2. thing

    Chris Hope Guest

    thing wrote:

    > Does anybody have any anecdotal comments/info on the delays of email
    > coming out of xtra?

    [snip]

    Xtra's various servers seem to be somewhat unreliable of late. I was always
    having problems with their DNS servers running e x t r e m e l y slowly so
    ended up installing my own caching DNS server locally a couple of months
    back and I wouldn't go near their mail servers.

    Chris Hope, Oct 19, 2004

  3. thing

    ~misfit~ Guest

    thing wrote:
    > Does anybody have any anecdotal comments/info on the delays of email
    > coming out of xtra?
    >
    > I seem to be seeing mail written on the 28th September appearing on
    > the 14th of October.....which seems excessive. The mail appears out of
    > xtra's smtp server gets to our mail gateway, through the spam filter,
    > into the mail router and onto the exchange server within a
    > minute....so its not my end!
    >
    > Naturally users are somewhat concerned and are bending my ear......

    I lost a wee upgrade job a few days ago as I "didn't reply" to a guys emails
    from his Xtra account to my Orcon account. He says he sent me three emails.
    I rang Orcon and they tested by sending me emails from an Xtra account, an
    Orcon account and a Hotmail acount, all of which I got within minutes. They
    said it isn't their fault. This guy didn't get bounce messages either, the
    emails just went, where to God only knows.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 20, 2004
  4. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>Naturally users are somewhat concerned and are bending my ear......

    > I lost a wee upgrade job a few days ago as I "didn't reply" to a guys emails
    > from his Xtra account to my Orcon account. He says he sent me three emails.
    > I rang Orcon and they tested by sending me emails from an Xtra account, an
    > Orcon account and a Hotmail acount, all of which I got within minutes. They
    > said it isn't their fault. This guy didn't get bounce messages either, the
    > emails just went, where to God only knows.

    email is not a guaranteed messaging system... if it's that important,
    use a phone.
    If it is for a file, use FTP.

    --
    Dave Hall