    p.s.
    if you were on JetStream Home 2000 and downloaded that much (somehow), it
    would cost you $203,549.87 :)
    Russell Smithies, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Russell Smithies

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <oPKdb.161944$>,
    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote:

    > Xtra is trying to attract more customers to JetStream and has set up a usage
    > calculator at http://www.telecom.co.nz/chm/0,5123,203152-202446,00.html to
    > tell you what the best plan is for the amount you predict you will download.
    > As a test, I maxed out all the options and came up with a predicted monthly
    > total of 1019399.58MB :)
    > Now, I know this is a lot and I probably wouldn't actually use that much but
    > the plan recommended by Xtra for this amount of downloading is: JetStream
    > Home 2000 !!!!!
    > Every combination I tried only reccomended JetStream Home 2000 so something
    > fishy is going on.
    >
    > Russell
    >
    > p.s.
    > if you were on JetStream Home 2000 and downloaded that much (somehow), it
    > would cost you $203,549.87 :)

    Yeah, that is kind of dodgy. I went to answer the first question which
    is how many emails would you send and receive every week. I went to put
    in 1000 and the text field will only hold three digits. Whats that about?

    I guess Telecom.Xtra really do have no idea what/how much people use the
    internet for? I mean how can they expect a big uptake of their plans
    like the 600MB one. Ok, that might suit some people, but definately not
    the majority and especially not as soon as they got broadband.

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Russell Smithies

    m00se Guest

    Russell Smithies wrote:
    > Xtra is trying to attract more customers to JetStream and has set up a usage
    > calculator at http://www.telecom.co.nz/chm/0,5123,203152-202446,00.html to
    > tell you what the best plan is for the amount you predict you will download.
    > As a test, I maxed out all the options and came up with a predicted monthly
    > total of 1019399.58MB :)
    > Now, I know this is a lot and I probably wouldn't actually use that much but
    > the plan recommended by Xtra for this amount of downloading is: JetStream
    > Home 2000 !!!!!
    > Every combination I tried only reccomended JetStream Home 2000 so something
    > fishy is going on.
    >
    > Russell

    Cool, I got a letter from them on saturday that said basically "Since
    you used less than 500meg last month, we feel that this plan XXXXX would
    be more appropriate for you."

    weird thing is, I downloaded atleast 10 movies that month, and my router
    interface shows 3 gig in the last 11 days.

    GG Telecoms data accounting!!
    m00se, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Russell Smithies

    Dave B Guest

    looks like they are really pushing the JetStream Home 2000. My predicted
    usage was 5 gigs a month and it gave me this recommendation:-

    Recommended Plan: JetStream Home 2000 plan

    Further Details:
    Your predicted usage is over the limit of our 2000 MB plan.

    If you think you'd be able to stay within 2000 MB per month, we'd suggest
    you choose the Xtra JetStream Home 2000 plan.

    Xtra JetStream Home 2000 costs $69.95 a month.

    But, if you think you'll need a higher megabyte limit, then we'd suggest
    Xtra JetStream Starter. It costs $64.90 per month and you can experience
    speeds up to 2 times faster than dial-up. Xtra JetStream Starter is not
    broadband

    Xtra JetStream Starter has a limit of 5,000 MBs per month.

    Get the Commerce Commision on the line!

    You might also want to consider our range of business JetStream plans which
    have monthly limits of up to 20,000 MB.

    Dave B, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Russell Smithies

    Nina Guest

    At the risk of everyone ROFL what is JetStream exactly?

    Nina

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:13:53 +1200, "Russell Smithies"
    <> wrote:

    >Xtra is trying to attract more customers to JetStream and has set up a usage
    >calculator at http://www.telecom.co.nz/chm/0,5123,203152-202446,00.html to
    >tell you what the best plan is for the amount you predict you will download.
    >As a test, I maxed out all the options and came up with a predicted monthly
    >total of 1019399.58MB :)
    >Now, I know this is a lot and I probably wouldn't actually use that much but
    >the plan recommended by Xtra for this amount of downloading is: JetStream
    >Home 2000 !!!!!
    >Every combination I tried only reccomended JetStream Home 2000 so something
    >fishy is going on.
    >
    >Russell
    >
    >p.s.
    >if you were on JetStream Home 2000 and downloaded that much (somehow), it
    >would cost you $203,549.87 :)

    Remove swen please
    Nina, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Russell Smithies

    Biggles Guest

    "Nina" <> wrote in message
    > At the risk of everyone ROFL what is JetStream exactly?
    >

    > Nina

    ROFL!!
    Biggles, Sep 29, 2003