    course!

    Cheers
    Richard

    Richard Clarke, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Richard Clarke

    XPD Guest

    "Richard Clarke" <> wrote in message
    news:pnt0d.1166$...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
    > that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days.

    I'm
    > on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
    > else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
    > course!

    Im not myself, but 90% of my workmates who have 256 dsl have been uncapped
    for about 5 days now.
    Lucky so and so's :p

    XPD, Sep 11, 2004

  3. Richard Clarke

    Dorado Guest

    Richard Clarke wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've
    > noticed that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2
    > or 3 days. I'm on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching
    > speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone else experienced the same? Anyone know why?
    > Not that I'm complaining of course!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Richard

    I've heard the same story from friends, for about 5 days now

    Dorado, Sep 11, 2004
  4. Richard Clarke

    Mutley Guest

    "Richard Clarke" <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
    >that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
    >on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
    >else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
    >course!
    >
    >Cheers
    >Richard

    I wish..

    Mutley, Sep 11, 2004
  5. Richard Clarke

    Ron McNulty Guest

    Nah, still 32k in Wellington (Ngaio)

    Ron McNulty, Sep 11, 2004
  6. Richard Clarke

    geoffm Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:28:31 +1200, "Richard Clarke"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
    >that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
    >on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
    >else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
    >course!
    >
    >Cheers
    >Richard

    That's my speed you have got. Our Christchurch Ihug ADSL has been
    really really slow and unreliable

    geoffm, Sep 11, 2004
  7. Richard Clarke

    Nigel Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:41:09 +1200, XPD wrote:

    > Im not myself, but 90% of my workmates who have 256 dsl have been uncapped
    > for about 5 days now.
    > Lucky so and so's :p

    It's back to being capped ( Bay of Islands ), I was keeping my mouth well
    shut about it :). Though my connection has been dropped a heap of
    times in the last 48 hours, so they have been busy trying to fix something
    I figure.

    Nigel

    Nigel, Sep 12, 2004
  8. Richard Clarke

    Evil Bastard Guest

    Richard Clarke wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
    > that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
    > on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
    > else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
    > course!

    Queue up those big ISO/MPEG/DivX downloads you've been putting off, and
    enjoy it while it lasts!

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Sep 12, 2004
  9. Hi there,

    Richard Clarke wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
    > that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
    > on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
    > else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
    > course!

    Yes, but those on a capped data plan had better watch they don't overrun
    their data cap whilst its so much faster...

    Its all a plan you see...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Sep 12, 2004
  10. Richard Clarke

    JedMeister Guest

    Whenever you get uncapped, I would keep quiet. Often the link between what
    you are paying for in the billing system, and what you get on the network
    can become out of synch. The only way this comes to Telecoms attention is
    when some worried user calls them and the audit the connections.

    This is just theory of course.

    JedMeister, Sep 12, 2004
  11. Richard Clarke

    Carl Elphick Guest

    What exchange are you on?
    I noticed the Lower Hutt exchange (and aparently lots of other ones in the
    Wellington region) went uncapped for 24hrs the other night....

    Carl Elphick, Sep 13, 2004