    57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems

    Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
    them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

    Pacific Dragon, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Pacific Dragon wrote:
    > For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
    > in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
    >
    > (From speedtest.co.nz)
    > 1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >
    > Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
    > them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

    Speed Location Hosted By
    713.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    766.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    1129.6 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    364.7 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    389.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 869.9 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 376.9 kbps

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Pacific Dragon

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:27:24 +1200, Pacific Dragon
    <> wrote:

    >For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
    >in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
    >
    >(From speedtest.co.nz)
    >1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    >1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    >57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >
    >Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
    >them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

    Yup ..... snap! (I'm in Wellington)

    Nho Whei, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Pacific Dragon

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:39:08 +1200, Nho Whei <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:27:24 +1200, Pacific Dragon
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
    >>in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
    >>
    >>(From speedtest.co.nz)
    >>1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >>1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    >>1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    >>24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    >>57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >>
    >>Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
    >>them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

    >Yup ..... snap! (I'm in Wellington)

    Fixed though by 2210. What did XTRA have to say?

    Nho Whei, Apr 3, 2006
  5. Pacific Dragon

    Andrew Guest

    Pacific Dragon wrote:
    > For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
    > in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
    >
    > (From speedtest.co.nz)
    > 1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > 1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > 24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > 57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    >
    > Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
    > them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

    I had the same problem tonight too, Ive also noticed over the past few
    days that international traffic has been quite slow - 256k rather then
    2mbit like national has been

    Andrew, Apr 3, 2006
  6. Pacific Dragon wrote:
    > For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
    > in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...

    Me too -- I wrote a column on it in today's Aardvark

    ------------
    http://Aardvark.co.nz -- NZ's longest-running blog,
    now in its 11th year of continuous publication

    Bruce Simpson, Apr 3, 2006
  7. Pacific Dragon

    Tony Guest

    Bruce Simpson wrote:
    > Pacific Dragon wrote:
    >> For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
    >> in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...

    > Me too -- I wrote a column on it in today's Aardvark

    quote (GGIS is Telecom's Global Gateway service) -

    Initial Outage Notification - Update

    Global-Gateway Internet is currently experiencing service disruption
    which began at 1630 hrs, date 03/04/2006

    You will experience degraded service to some international sites until
    this problem is resolved.

    GGIS apologises for any inconvenience to you or your customers, and an
    update with more detail will follow within 2 hours.
    Logged by xxxxxxx on Mon Apr 3 18:37:28 2006

    GGIS Outage Notification - Update

    Global-Gateway Internet was experiencing service disruption
    which began at 1630 hrs, date 03/04/2006

    We are still experiencing service disruptions at our PAIX site. You may
    experience degraded service to some international sites until this
    problem is resolved.

    GGIS apologises for any inconvenience to you or your customers.
    Logged by xxxxxx on Tue Apr 4 01:08:53 2006

    GGIS Router Restoration Notification

    Your Global-Gateway Internet service has now been restored.

    The service disruption that began at 1630 hrs, date 03/04/2006 was
    resolved at 09:00 hrs date 04/04/2006.

    GGIS apologises for any inconvenience to you or your customers

    Tony, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Pacific Dragon

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    Nho Whei <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:39:08 +1200, Nho Whei <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:27:24 +1200, Pacific Dragon
    > ><> wrote:
    > >
    > >>For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
    > >>in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
    > >>
    > >>(From speedtest.co.nz)
    > >>1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > >>1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    > >>1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    > >>24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    > >>57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    > >>
    > >>Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
    > >>them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

    > >Yup ..... snap! (I'm in Wellington)

    > Fixed though by 2210. What did XTRA have to say?

    Welcome to your new faster cheaper better broadband ?????

    whoisthis, Apr 4, 2006
  9. Pacific Dragon

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:57:34 +1200, whoisthis <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Nho Whei <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:39:08 +1200, Nho Whei <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Yup ..... snap! (I'm in Wellington)

    >> Fixed though by 2210. What did XTRA have to say?

    >Welcome to your new faster cheaper better broadband ?????

    lol!

    Nho Whei, Apr 4, 2006