    limit easily (22gig in 8 days so far I've just been told) and not slowed
    down.

    Thanks.

    Carl Elphick, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Carl Elphick wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Just wondering in General, how far have people been able to go over their
    > Data Cap before Telecom slows you down to 64k?
    > I've heard of some people going miles over their Cap and not getting slowed
    > and some people getting slowed soon as they go over it a little.
    >
    > I found a thread on nzdsl.co.nz saying a number of people only found they
    > slowed down after their ADSL modem/router was rebooted.
    >
    > We're on the 1 gig 256k xtra plan here and I know we have blown the 1 gig
    > limit easily (22gig in 8 days so far I've just been told) and not slowed
    > down.

    For the past two months, I've blown the cap on my Explorer 256k plan by
    about 1.5GB (by doing most of my downloading on the last day of the
    billing cycle). However have yet to noticed any throttling / slow down.

    Pacific Dragon, Feb 18, 2005

  3. Suddenly, Carl Elphick sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > I found a thread on nzdsl.co.nz saying a number of people only found they
    > slowed down after their ADSL modem/router was rebooted.

    That would make sense as forcing a renegotiation of speed at another
    time could introduce problems...
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Feb 18, 2005
  4. Carl Elphick

    JedMeister Guest

    "Carl Elphick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Just wondering in General, how far have people been able to go over their
    > Data Cap before Telecom slows you down to 64k?
    > I've heard of some people going miles over their Cap and not getting
    > slowed and some people getting slowed soon as they go over it a little.
    >
    > I found a thread on nzdsl.co.nz saying a number of people only found they
    > slowed down after their ADSL modem/router was rebooted.
    >
    > We're on the 1 gig 256k xtra plan here and I know we have blown the 1 gig
    > limit easily (22gig in 8 days so far I've just been told) and not slowed
    > down.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Be nice for an anon post from a telecom insider :)

    JedMeister, Feb 18, 2005
  5. JedMeister wrote:
    >>I found a thread on nzdsl.co.nz saying a number of people only found they
    >>slowed down after their ADSL modem/router was rebooted.
    >>
    >>We're on the 1 gig 256k xtra plan here and I know we have blown the 1 gig
    >>limit easily (22gig in 8 days so far I've just been told) and not slowed
    >>down.

    > Be nice for an anon post from a telecom insider :)

    the numbers of people who know this sort of info would probably be
    fairly small, meaning that it would probably make it fairly easy(for
    Telecom) to figure out who posted it...

    Not only that, but the ones who do know this sort of thing, would
    probably know not to post information like this because of what I have
    said above.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e