    Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?

    Regards

    Justin

    Justin, Apr 30, 2006

  2. "Justin" <4free.co.nz> wrote in message
    > "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
    > also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    > communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    > performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
    > help resolve problems. "
    >
    > Would you install any software from Telecom?
    >
    > Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack
    > of skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you
    > really see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
    >
    > Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?

    That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. A+++ to Telecom in the
    humour department.

    Gavin & Sandy, Apr 30, 2006

  3. Justin

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco also
    > plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    > communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    > performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to help
    > resolve problems. "
    >
    > Would you install any software from Telecom?
    >
    > Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack of
    > skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you really
    > see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
    >
    > Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Justin

    It sounds more like spyware.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Apr 30, 2006
  4. Justin

    s.te.v.e. Guest

    Justin wrote:

    > "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
    > also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    > communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    > performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
    > help resolve problems. "
    >
    > Would you install any software from Telecom?
    >
    > Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack
    > of skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you
    > really see then responding to automatically sent error codes?

    This is more evidence of how Microsoft's view of computer users has
    infected / infested Telecom.

    You're there for them to collect information from.

    You're not a customer in control of the relationship.

    s.te.v.e., Apr 30, 2006
  5. Justin

    Allistar Guest

    Justin wrote:

    > "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
    > also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    > communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    > performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
    > help resolve problems. "
    >
    > Would you install any software from Telecom?

    They may make it a condition of being an Xtra customer (and I'll wager that
    they'll only provide these apps for a particular commercial operating
    system).

    > Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack
    > of skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you
    > really see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
    >
    > Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Justin

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Apr 30, 2006
  6. Justin

    helix Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 09:55:35 +1200, Allistar <> wrote:

    >Justin wrote:
    >
    >> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
    >> also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    >> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    >> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
    >> help resolve problems. "
    >>
    >> Would you install any software from Telecom?

    If you are windows users you would.

    Don't you know Bill Gate have bought over controlling Telecom share in US.. huh
    :))

    Joking,,,, bloody Telescum.

    helix, Apr 30, 2006
  7. Justin

    XPD Guest

    Will the software run on my Amiga 500 ?

    XPD, May 1, 2006
  8. "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > Will the software run on my Amiga 500 ?

    whats that?

    news.xtra.co.nz, May 1, 2006
  9. Justin

    Vista Guest

    > "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco also
    > plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    > communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    > performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to help
    > resolve problems. "
    >
    > Would you install any software from Telecom?
    >
    > Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack of
    > skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you really
    > see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
    >
    > Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Justin

    Sounds similar to AOLs bloated piece of software

    They will probably make it block or cripple skype/voip access

    Vista, May 1, 2006
  10. Justin

    thingy Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 09:42:38 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > "Justin" <4free.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco also
    >> plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    >> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    >> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to help
    >> resolve problems. "
    >>
    >> Would you install any software from Telecom?
    >>
    >> Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack of
    >> skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you really
    >> see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
    >>
    >> Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Justin

    > It sounds more like spyware.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Sure does....lets see, we have google toolbar....since Telcom has a
    relationship with MSN, whats the betting its a MSN toolbar....plus
    anything else they dream up....probably installs anything they want behind
    the scenes as well....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, May 1, 2006
  11. Justin

    Zonter Guest

    Hi, I'm Alessandro Saitta, a 37 y.o. italian man. I live in Follonica
    (Grosseto) Italy - Cassarello street, 131. I'm the most famous
    italian spammer in the world. If you uderstand italian language, come
    to visit my site at:
    http://tinyurl.com/q7uh2

    Don't miss the amazing opportunity to meet the italian 'cantautore alla
    bona' at: www.lellovitello.it

    Hurry up! so come on! Don't you know the italian 'Cantore della Merda'?
    Don't waste your time and come to: www.joenatta.com !

    Express your opinions about everything! No restrictions! Multi
    language site at: www.what-about.it !

    Zonter, May 1, 2006
  12. Justin

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Justin <4free.co.nz> wrote in news:44552c96$1
    @clear.net.nz:

    > "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
    > also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    > communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    > performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
    > help resolve problems. "

    I guess they haven't heard of SNMP. Why they need to go all the way to the
    desktop layer to troubleshoot their network is beyond me.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 2, 2006
  13. Justin

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2006-04-30, Justin <4free.co.nz> wrote:
    > "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
    > also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
    > communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
    > performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
    > help resolve problems. "
    >
    > Would you install any software from Telecom?
    >
    > Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack
    > of skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you
    > really see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
    >
    > Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?

    yeah, I don't see how it'd help there, possibly could with a misconfigured
    email client. if the help desk are familiar with the one the customer has.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, May 6, 2006