    Gosh so will they also bow to calls for bigger data caps on there adsl
    connections.

    Brett
    Brett Cooper, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Brett Cooper

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:49:53 +1300, Brett Cooper wrote:

    > Xtra has shut the door on all its Microsoft MSN chatrooms, bowing to calls
    > to clamp down on "spam" and sex predators.
    >
    > Gosh so will they also bow to calls for bigger data caps on there adsl
    > connections.

    If competition is in the ball park, yes.

    Gordon, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Brett Cooper

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Xtra has shut the door on all its Microsoft MSN chatrooms, bowing to calls
    > to clamp down on "spam" and sex predators.
    >
    > Gosh so will they also bow to calls for bigger data caps on there adsl
    > connections.

    Actually this is a worldwide move by MSN, announced weeks ago. Some
    moderated chatrooms will remain.
    Mainlander, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Brett Cooper

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Xtra has shut the door on all its Microsoft MSN chatrooms, bowing to

    calls
    > > to clamp down on "spam" and sex predators.
    > >
    > > Gosh so will they also bow to calls for bigger data caps on there adsl
    > > connections.

    > Actually this is a worldwide move by MSN, announced weeks ago. Some
    > moderated chatrooms will remain.

    MSN stated 'weeks ago' that they were going to leave the NZ chatrooms alone.
    I'd say it is a move by Xtra.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Brett Cooper

    Brett Cooper Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:06:56 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
    wrote:

    >"Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >> > Xtra has shut the door on all its Microsoft MSN chatrooms, bowing to

    >calls
    >> > to clamp down on "spam" and sex predators.
    >> >
    >> > Gosh so will they also bow to calls for bigger data caps on there adsl
    >> > connections.

    >> Actually this is a worldwide move by MSN, announced weeks ago. Some
    >> moderated chatrooms will remain.

    >MSN stated 'weeks ago' that they were going to leave the NZ chatrooms alone.
    >I'd say it is a move by Xtra.

    My guess is xtra could not be part with the money for moderators 24/7.
    so it's easyer to do nothing at all than something well.
    As for the whole clamp down on 'spam', I hope they start to do something
    with the about of spam going through to the xtra email users.

    Brett
    Brett Cooper, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Brett Cooper

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Brett Cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:06:56 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > >> In article <>,
    > >> says...

    > >calls

    adsl

    > >> Actually this is a worldwide move by MSN, announced weeks ago. Some
    > >> moderated chatrooms will remain.

    > >MSN stated 'weeks ago' that they were going to leave the NZ chatrooms

    alone.
    > >I'd say it is a move by Xtra.

    > My guess is xtra could not be part with the money for moderators 24/7.
    > so it's easyer to do nothing at all than something well.
    > As for the whole clamp down on 'spam', I hope they start to do something
    > with the about of spam going through to the xtra email users.

    They are going to implement a server-side spam filtering service in the next
    few weeks. Free to customers. LOL, they're hailing it as an improvement in
    their services that they offer when in reality they're just trying to help
    themselves by not having to hold/deliver a lot of email traffic. I hope they
    don't get any false positives, as it is quite a few people claim to have
    emailed me recently and I haven't got the emails.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 16, 2003
  7. ~misfit~ wrote:

    > They are going to implement a server-side spam filtering service in the next
    > few weeks. Free to customers. LOL, they're hailing it as an improvement in
    > their services that they offer when in reality they're just trying to help
    > themselves by not having to hold/deliver a lot of email traffic. I hope they
    > don't get any false positives, as it is quite a few people claim to have
    > emailed me recently and I haven't got the emails.

    I have emailed several xtra users recently and its either never gotten there, or
    taken a few hours. Some went straight thru however.
    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Oct 17, 2003