    data volume is still well below the cap of 1024 Megabytes) , only a bit
    faster than the 56k dialup. I would like to know the actual speed achieved
    by those who also join this plan.
    Philip, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Philip

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:27:47 +1300, "Philip" <>
    wrote:

    >I recently got the Xtra Go 1GB 256/128 ADSL connection and I am very
    >disappointed at the speed. It does not exceed 60-70 kbps for download (my
    >data volume is still well below the cap of 1024 Megabytes) , only a bit
    >faster than the 56k dialup. I would like to know the actual speed achieved
    >by those who also join this plan.

    How are you testing the speed Phillip?
    Try these tests.
    http://jetstreamgames.co.nz/speed/ADSLdownload500.html
    http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

    For just another $5.00 you can get 1Mb/256
    Bret, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Philip

    Philip Guest

    I went to
    http://jetstreamgames.co.nz/speed/ADSLdownload500.html
    and made the test. Thank for your advice.

    Philip, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Philip

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Philip wrote:
    > I recently got the Xtra Go 1GB 256/128 ADSL connection and I am very
    > disappointed at the speed. It does not exceed 60-70 kbps for download (my
    > data volume is still well below the cap of 1024 Megabytes) , only a bit
    > faster than the 56k dialup. I would like to know the actual speed achieved
    > by those who also join this plan.

    I'm not on that plan, but it should go faster, so I would be complaining.

    Chris Mayhew, Jan 30, 2005