    "managing" our usage, but the kids assure me that after many months of
    OK performance, their gaming experience has ..... collapsed!?

    Just wundrin'
    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Aug 17, 2009

  2. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    EMB Guest

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > In the off-chance that there are still some Xtra gamers reading this
    > ng....
    > Have any of you noticed a severe increase in ping to Aussie game
    > servers in the last few days? Best my kids are getting on our Go Large
    > account is 200->220ms in the evenings (to OZ). I know that Xtra may be
    > "managing" our usage, but the kids assure me that after many months of
    > OK performance, their gaming experience has ..... collapsed!?
    >
    > Just wundrin'

    The cynic in me says Telecom are intentionally doing this to Go Large
    clients to convince them to move to the new "Big" plan.

    BTW 56ms pings to Oz from my Xtra connection tonight (as usual).
    EMB, Aug 17, 2009

  3. On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:57:04 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >> In the off-chance that there are still some Xtra gamers reading this
    >> ng....
    >> Have any of you noticed a severe increase in ping to Aussie game
    >> servers in the last few days? Best my kids are getting on our Go Large
    >> account is 200->220ms in the evenings (to OZ). I know that Xtra may be
    >> "managing" our usage, but the kids assure me that after many months of
    >> OK performance, their gaming experience has ..... collapsed!?
    >>
    >> Just wundrin'
    >>

    >The cynic in me says Telecom are intentionally doing this to Go Large
    >clients to convince them to move to the new "Big" plan.

    Good point!

    >BTW 56ms pings to Oz from my Xtra connection tonight (as usual).

    I suspect if I tell the kids this, it will only make my life
    harder.....
    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Aug 17, 2009
  4. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    EMB Guest

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:57:04 +1200, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >> BTW 56ms pings to Oz from my Xtra connection tonight (as usual).

    > I suspect if I tell the kids this, it will only make my life
    > harder.....

    I could get my kid to tell them for you ;-) And you'll be glad to know
    that performance has degraded overnight and the pings are now 57ms.
    EMB, Aug 18, 2009