    So why the hell don't they update their so-called status report and
    their helpline message. Suppose that would be asking too much of a
    company that doesn't like to admit that it's having any problems.

    Donchano, Mar 18, 2007

  2. Donchano

    Sharkwtfc Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > No access to Xtra email or webmail since around nine this morning. As
    > usual, nothing on their online status report (now known as Service
    > Update). After waiting twenty minutes on the phone for one of their
    > customer "service" reps I'm told, yes, they are having problems.
    >
    > So why the hell don't they update their so-called status report and
    > their helpline message. Suppose that would be asking too much of a
    > company that doesn't like to admit that it's having any problems.

    Maybe their net is down?

    --
    Sharkwtfc

    Sharkwtfc, Mar 19, 2007

  3. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:19:10 +1200, "Sharkwtfc"
    <> magnanimously proffered:

    >"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >> No access to Xtra email or webmail since around nine this morning. As
    >> usual, nothing on their online status report (now known as Service
    >> Update). After waiting twenty minutes on the phone for one of their
    >> customer "service" reps I'm told, yes, they are having problems.
    >>
    >> So why the hell don't they update their so-called status report and
    >> their helpline message. Suppose that would be asking too much of a
    >> company that doesn't like to admit that it's having any problems.

    >Maybe their net is down?

    Don't think so. I could send email and I could access their website
    and other websites - which is why I knew about their online Service
    Update.

    Seems like they've finally fixed the email problem - it took them over
    three hours - but their webmail service is still down.

    Donchano, Mar 19, 2007
  4. Donchano

    Rob Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message
    > No access to Xtra email or webmail since around nine this morning. As
    > usual, nothing on their online status report (now known as Service
    > Update). After waiting twenty minutes on the phone for one of their
    > customer "service" reps I'm told, yes, they are having problems.
    >
    > So why the hell don't they update their so-called status report and
    > their helpline message. Suppose that would be asking too much of a
    > company that doesn't like to admit that it's having any problems.

    Has worked fine for me all day.

    Rob, Mar 19, 2007
  5. Donchano

    Rob Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:19:10 +1200, "Sharkwtfc"
    > <> magnanimously proffered:
    >

    >>"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >>> No access to Xtra email or webmail since around nine this morning. As
    >>> usual, nothing on their online status report (now known as Service
    >>> Update). After waiting twenty minutes on the phone for one of their
    >>> customer "service" reps I'm told, yes, they are having problems.
    >>>
    >>> So why the hell don't they update their so-called status report and
    >>> their helpline message. Suppose that would be asking too much of a
    >>> company that doesn't like to admit that it's having any problems.

    >>Maybe their net is down?

    > Don't think so. I could send email and I could access their website
    > and other websites - which is why I knew about their online Service
    > Update.
    >
    > Seems like they've finally fixed the email problem - it took them over
    > three hours - but their webmail service is still down.

    I can access webmail. Is it giving you an error message after you try to
    login, or is it failing to load altogether. I am not using xtra as my isp to
    connect.

    Rob, Mar 19, 2007
  6. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:48:40 +1200, "Rob" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:19:10 +1200, "Sharkwtfc"
    >> <> magnanimously proffered:
    >>

    >>>"Donchano" <> wrote in message

    >>>Maybe their net is down?

    >> Don't think so. I could send email and I could access their website
    >> and other websites - which is why I knew about their online Service
    >> Update.
    >>
    >> Seems like they've finally fixed the email problem - it took them over
    >> three hours - but their webmail service is still down.
    >>

    >I can access webmail. Is it giving you an error message after you try to
    >login, or is it failing to load altogether. I am not using xtra as my isp to
    >connect.

    I am using Xtra to attempt to connect and I get an error window if I
    try the webmail link at the top of the Yahoo/Xtra homepage and the
    same error window if I use the direct link I have on my desktop.

    However, the pop3 server seems to be working now.

    Donchano, Mar 19, 2007
  7. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:47:46 +1200, "Rob" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >> No access to Xtra email or webmail since around nine this morning. As
    >> usual, nothing on their online status report (now known as Service
    >> Update). After waiting twenty minutes on the phone for one of their
    >> customer "service" reps I'm told, yes, they are having problems.
    >>
    >> So why the hell don't they update their so-called status report and
    >> their helpline message. Suppose that would be asking too much of a
    >> company that doesn't like to admit that it's having any problems.
    >>

    >Has worked fine for me all day.

    Both email and webmail are working fine now. Must have been a regional
    thing (Northland).

    Donchano, Mar 19, 2007
  8. Donchano

    lolinternet Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > No access to Xtra email or webmail since around nine this morning. As
    > usual, nothing on their online status report (now known as Service
    > Update). After waiting twenty minutes on the phone for one of their
    > customer "service" reps I'm told, yes, they are having problems.
    >
    > So why the hell don't they update their so-called status report and
    > their helpline message. Suppose that would be asking too much of a
    > company that doesn't like to admit that it's having any problems.

    Wait for 6 months time when it's all being run out of Yahoo!'s data
    centre in Aussie.

    lolinternet, Mar 19, 2007
  9. Donchano

    Tony Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > No access to Xtra email or webmail since around nine this morning. As
    > usual, nothing on their online status report (now known as Service
    > Update). After waiting twenty minutes on the phone for one of their
    > customer "service" reps I'm told, yes, they are having problems.
    >
    > So why the hell don't they update their so-called status report and
    > their helpline message. Suppose that would be asking too much of a
    > company that doesn't like to admit that it's having any problems.

    Ok, there us definitely a problem -
    Host DOWN alert for pop3_xtra 7:08 p.m
    Host UP alert for pop3_xtra 8:51 p.m.

    Tony, Mar 20, 2007