Xtra DSL users - can you reach this site?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Matt B, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    http://www.bwr.co.nz

    Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    202.89.36.19

    It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    y'all? TIA...

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Matt B, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Matt B

    Gordon Smith Guest

    Site is reachable just fine via XTRA (222.x.x.x address)
    looks like there's an icmp filter within maxnet's network, which is why
    you're having problems with a traceroute. Use a tcp trace instead....

    Gordon Smith, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Matt B

    Mackin Guest

    Matt B wrote:

    > http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    > Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    > so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    > assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    > 202.89.36.19
    >
    > It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer
    > & the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    > y'all? TIA...

    I can reach the site no problem. My ip is currently in the 210.x.x.x range.

    Mackin.
    Mackin, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Matt B

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    <> had this to say:

    >http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    >Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >202.89.36.19
    >
    >It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >y'all? TIA...

    No problems from my 222.x.x.x
    Gurble, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Matt B

    Italian Jobs Guest

    <> wrote:

    >http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    >Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >202.89.36.19
    >
    >It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >y'all? TIA...

    On QSI, can't get it
    IP: 210.X.X.X
    Italian Jobs, Nov 20, 2004
  6. Matt B

    Daniel Olsen Guest

    "Matt B" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    > Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    > so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    > assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    > 202.89.36.19
    >
    > It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer
    > &
    > the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    > y'all? TIA...

    Not on Xtra but Woosh wireless with IP 202.74.194.XXX and can't access it.
    Daniel Olsen, Nov 20, 2004
  7. Matt B

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Italian Jobs wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>
    >>Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >>so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >>assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >>202.89.36.19
    >>
    >>It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >>the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >>y'all? TIA...

    > On QSI, can't get it
    > IP: 210.X.X.X

    Doesn't work from Telstra cable either
    Alex Axolotl, Nov 21, 2004
  8. Matt B

    Gurble Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:27:23 +1300, Gurble <> had this to
    say:

    >On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    ><> had this to say:
    >
    >>http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>
    >>Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >>so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >>assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >>202.89.36.19
    >>
    >>It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >>the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >>y'all? TIA...

    >No problems from my 222.x.x.x

    OK, I can't access it now, either.

    Is it down or something?
    Gurble, Nov 21, 2004
  9. Matt B

    Mutley Guest

    Alex Axolotl <> wrote:

    >Italian Jobs wrote:
    >> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>>
    >>>Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >>>so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >>>assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >>>202.89.36.19
    >>>
    >>>It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >>>the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >>>y'all? TIA...

    >> On QSI, can't get it
    >> IP: 210.X.X.X
    >>

    >Doesn't work from Telstra cable either

    No go from Orcon's UBS 60.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Mutley, Nov 21, 2004
  10. Matt B wrote:
    > http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    > Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    > so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    > assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    > 202.89.36.19
    >
    > It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    > the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    > y'all? TIA...

    This is weird, I was able to access this instantly last night without
    problems at 8:15 PM

    Today at 2:28 PM it's no go, just hangs at "waiting for www.bwr.co.nz"
    in Firefox.

    Using Orcon Jetstream Surf with a static 222.* IP address

    May be it's an intermitten problem on the host side. Normaly with sites
    that have old bogon lists, Firefox will just say "connecting to <site
    address>" and then times out, rather than just sitting there "waiting
    for <site address>" for an eternity like trying to access bwr.co.nz
    Alpine Dragon, Nov 21, 2004
  11. Alpine Dragon wrote:
    > Matt B wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>
    >> Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >> so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >> assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >> 202.89.36.19
    >>
    >> It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via
    >> Anonymizer &
    >> the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >> y'all? TIA...

    ....Additionally. It also fails if you try to connect to it via a proxy
    server.
    Alpine Dragon, Nov 21, 2004
  12. Matt B

    Brendan Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, Matt B wrote:

    > http://www.bwr.co.nz

    Can't get it on orcon UBS adsl.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Anybody can be good in the country. There are no temptations there." -- Oscar Wilde

    Note: All my comments are copyright 21/11/2004 1:27:15 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Nov 21, 2004
  13. Matt B

    Mackin Guest

    Alpine Dragon wrote:

    > Matt B wrote:
    >> http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>
    >> Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >> so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >> assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >> 202.89.36.19
    >>
    >> It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via
    >> Anonymizer & the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate
    >> indication from y'all? TIA...

    > This is weird, I was able to access this instantly last night without
    > problems at 8:15 PM
    >
    > Today at 2:28 PM it's no go, just hangs at "waiting for www.bwr.co.nz"
    > in Firefox.
    >
    > Using Orcon Jetstream Surf with a static 222.* IP address
    >
    > May be it's an intermitten problem on the host side. Normaly with sites
    > that have old bogon lists, Firefox will just say "connecting to <site
    > address>" and then times out, rather than just sitting there "waiting
    > for <site address>" for an eternity like trying to access bwr.co.nz

    Same here. Worked last night but now "www.bwr.co.nz contacted. Waiting for
    reply". Waits forever.

    Mackin.
    Mackin, Nov 21, 2004
  14. Matt B

    PC Guest

    "Matt B" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    > Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    > so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    > assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    > 202.89.36.19
    >
    > It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer
    > &
    > the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    > y'all? TIA...
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Matt B
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > There are 10 types of people.
    > Those who get binary...
    > And those who don't.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    On Xtra 222.x.x.x just hangs, no errors or timeouts.

    Tracert times out at Maxnet 202.89.36.19

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Nov 21, 2004
  15. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    Gurble <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:27:23 +1300, Gurble <> had this to
    > say:
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    >> <> had this to say:
    >>
    >>> http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>>
    >>> Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not
    >>> blocking so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users
    >>> with dynamically assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range.
    >>> Trace drops out at 202.89.36.19
    >>>
    >>> It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via
    >>> Anonymizer & the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss
    >>> rate indication from y'all? TIA...

    >> No problems from my 222.x.x.x

    > OK, I can't access it now, either.
    >
    > Is it down or something?

    Nope - & strangely I can now get it on a 222.x.x.x

    Thanx all for your responses - I'll forward a link to this thread to the
    hosts (who I'm sure think I'm just going crazy).

    Cheers...
    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    Matt B, Nov 23, 2004
  16. Matt B

    PC Guest

    Fixed! was Re: Xtra DSL users - can you reach this site?

    Works for me now too!
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 24, 2004