Xtra DSL users - can you reach this site?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Matt B, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    http://www.bwr.co.nz

    Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    202.89.36.19

    It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    y'all? TIA...

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Matt B, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Gordon Smith

    Gordon Smith Guest

    Site is reachable just fine via XTRA (222.x.x.x address)
    looks like there's an icmp filter within maxnet's network, which is why
    you're having problems with a traceroute. Use a tcp trace instead....

    Gordon Smith, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Mackin

    Mackin Guest

    Matt B wrote:

    > http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    > Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    > so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    > assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    > 202.89.36.19
    >
    > It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer
    > & the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    > y'all? TIA...

    I can reach the site no problem. My ip is currently in the 210.x.x.x range.

    Mackin.

    Mackin, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Gurble

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    <> had this to say:

    >http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    >Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >202.89.36.19
    >
    >It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >y'all? TIA...

    No problems from my 222.x.x.x

    Gurble, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Italian Jobs

    Italian Jobs Guest

    <> wrote:

    >http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    >Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >202.89.36.19
    >
    >It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >y'all? TIA...

    On QSI, can't get it
    IP: 210.X.X.X

    Italian Jobs, Nov 20, 2004
  6. Daniel Olsen

    Daniel Olsen Guest

    "Matt B" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    > Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    > so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    > assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    > 202.89.36.19
    >
    > It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer
    > &
    > the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    > y'all? TIA...

    Not on Xtra but Woosh wireless with IP 202.74.194.XXX and can't access it.

    Daniel Olsen, Nov 20, 2004
  7. Alex Axolotl

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Italian Jobs wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>
    >>Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >>so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >>assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >>202.89.36.19
    >>
    >>It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >>the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >>y'all? TIA...

    > On QSI, can't get it
    > IP: 210.X.X.X

    Doesn't work from Telstra cable either

    Alex Axolotl, Nov 21, 2004
  8. Gurble

    Gurble Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:27:23 +1300, Gurble <> had this to
    say:

    >On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    ><> had this to say:
    >
    >>http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>
    >>Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >>so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >>assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >>202.89.36.19
    >>
    >>It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >>the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >>y'all? TIA...

    >No problems from my 222.x.x.x

    OK, I can't access it now, either.

    Is it down or something?

    Gurble, Nov 21, 2004
  9. Mutley

    Mutley Guest

    Alex Axolotl <> wrote:

    >Italian Jobs wrote:
    >> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>>
    >>>Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >>>so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >>>assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >>>202.89.36.19
    >>>
    >>>It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    >>>the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >>>y'all? TIA...

    >> On QSI, can't get it
    >> IP: 210.X.X.X
    >>

    >Doesn't work from Telstra cable either

    No go from Orcon's UBS 60.xxx.xxx.xxx

    Mutley, Nov 21, 2004
  10. Matt B wrote:
    > http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    > Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    > so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    > assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    > 202.89.36.19
    >
    > It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer &
    > the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    > y'all? TIA...

    This is weird, I was able to access this instantly last night without
    problems at 8:15 PM

    Today at 2:28 PM it's no go, just hangs at "waiting for www.bwr.co.nz"
    in Firefox.

    Using Orcon Jetstream Surf with a static 222.* IP address

    May be it's an intermitten problem on the host side. Normaly with sites
    that have old bogon lists, Firefox will just say "connecting to <site
    address>" and then times out, rather than just sitting there "waiting
    for <site address>" for an eternity like trying to access bwr.co.nz

    Alpine Dragon, Nov 21, 2004
  11. Alpine Dragon wrote:
    > Matt B wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>
    >> Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >> so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >> assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >> 202.89.36.19
    >>
    >> It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via
    >> Anonymizer &
    >> the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    >> y'all? TIA...

    ....Additionally. It also fails if you try to connect to it via a proxy
    server.

    Alpine Dragon, Nov 21, 2004
  12. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, Matt B wrote:

    > http://www.bwr.co.nz

    Can't get it on orcon UBS adsl.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Anybody can be good in the country. There are no temptations there." -- Oscar Wilde

    Note: All my comments are copyright 21/11/2004 1:27:15 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Nov 21, 2004
  13. Mackin

    Mackin Guest

    Alpine Dragon wrote:

    > Matt B wrote:
    >> http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>
    >> Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    >> so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    >> assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    >> 202.89.36.19
    >>
    >> It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via
    >> Anonymizer & the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate
    >> indication from y'all? TIA...

    > This is weird, I was able to access this instantly last night without
    > problems at 8:15 PM
    >
    > Today at 2:28 PM it's no go, just hangs at "waiting for www.bwr.co.nz"
    > in Firefox.
    >
    > Using Orcon Jetstream Surf with a static 222.* IP address
    >
    > May be it's an intermitten problem on the host side. Normaly with sites
    > that have old bogon lists, Firefox will just say "connecting to <site
    > address>" and then times out, rather than just sitting there "waiting
    > for <site address>" for an eternity like trying to access bwr.co.nz

    Same here. Worked last night but now "www.bwr.co.nz contacted. Waiting for
    reply". Waits forever.

    Mackin.

    Mackin, Nov 21, 2004
  14. PC

    PC Guest

    "Matt B" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >
    > Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not blocking
    > so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users with dynamically
    > assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range. Trace drops out at
    > 202.89.36.19
    >
    > It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via Anonymizer
    > &
    > the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss rate indication from
    > y'all? TIA...
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Matt B
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > There are 10 types of people.
    > Those who get binary...
    > And those who don't.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    On Xtra 222.x.x.x just hangs, no errors or timeouts.

    Tracert times out at Maxnet 202.89.36.19

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 21, 2004
  15. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    Gurble <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:27:23 +1300, Gurble <> had this to
    > say:
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:01 +1300, "Matt B"
    >> <> had this to say:
    >>
    >>> http://www.bwr.co.nz
    >>>
    >>> Having a bit of a to-do with the hosts, who insist they're not
    >>> blocking so-called "bogon" IPs like those assigned to DSL users
    >>> with dynamically assigned IPs - typically in the 222.x.x.x range.
    >>> Trace drops out at 202.89.36.19
    >>>
    >>> It's OK from the office (static IP) & I can connect at home via
    >>> Anonymizer & the like, but not directly. Can I get a hit or miss
    >>> rate indication from y'all? TIA...

    >> No problems from my 222.x.x.x

    > OK, I can't access it now, either.
    >
    > Is it down or something?

    Nope - & strangely I can now get it on a 222.x.x.x

    Thanx all for your responses - I'll forward a link to this thread to the
    hosts (who I'm sure think I'm just going crazy).

    Cheers...
    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.

    Matt B, Nov 23, 2004
  16. PC

    PC Guest

    Fixed! was Re: Xtra DSL users - can you reach this site?

    Works for me now too!
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 24, 2004