    Xtra's support systems says "currently no faults on network!"
    Yeah right!

    Anyone else seeing this?

    michael, Jul 11, 2005

  2. michael wrote:
    > Okay for the last week or so Im getting problems
    > with name lookups at Xtra.
    > On all systems on my home network, you can work away
    > for an hour or so then suddenly name lookups fail
    > for about 1-2 minutes, and then start working again.
    > It is extremely frustrating.
    > Xtra's support systems says "currently no faults on network!"
    > Yeah right!
    >
    > Anyone else seeing this?

    Xtras DNS servers have a history of being unreliable and the symptoms
    you describe were the reason we stopped using them. We now just use DNS
    servers of another local ISP.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jul 11, 2005

  3. michael

    Guest

    The Other Guy wrote:
    > michael wrote:
    >
    >> Okay for the last week or so Im getting problems
    >> with name lookups at Xtra.
    >> On all systems on my home network, you can work away
    >> for an hour or so then suddenly name lookups fail
    >> for about 1-2 minutes, and then start working again.
    >> It is extremely frustrating.
    >> Xtra's support systems says "currently no faults on network!"
    >> Yeah right!
    >>
    >> Anyone else seeing this?

    > Xtras DNS servers have a history of being unreliable and the symptoms
    > you describe were the reason we stopped using them. We now just use DNS
    > servers of another local ISP.
    >
    > The Other Guy

    yep, try using Clear's, Orcon's or ihug's DNS servers see if that helps.
    If it does you know its xtra's problem.

    If it does not, well are you on ADSL? the micro outages can make life
    hard with wierd happenings.....try complaining to xtra....ho....ho.....

    regards

    Thing

    , Jul 11, 2005