    Anyone know what the problem is likely to be?, does the router need to

    Fishing for clues here....

    John

    John R..., Nov 18, 2004

  2. John R...

    Chris Hope Guest

    John R... wrote:

    > Having trouble browsing internet today (17/11/04) dns lookups keep
    > timing out, then few seconds later all is good again, then it stuffs
    > up again, then its ok.
    >
    > Is this something to do with xtra's dns server not cutting it, or the
    > router (dynalink rta770w) being a bit dodgy?
    >
    > the xtra help page says no known network problems, however have never
    > known it to say anything other.
    >
    > Anyone know what the problem is likely to be?, does the router need to
    >
    > Fishing for clues here....

    Xtra's DNS server is always crap.

    Chris Hope, Nov 18, 2004

  3. John R...

    thing Guest

    John R... wrote:
    > Having trouble browsing internet today (17/11/04) dns lookups keep
    > timing out, then few seconds later all is good again, then it stuffs
    > up again, then its ok.
    >
    > Is this something to do with xtra's dns server not cutting it, or the
    > router (dynalink rta770w) being a bit dodgy?
    >
    > the xtra help page says no known network problems, however have never
    > known it to say anything other.
    >
    > Anyone know what the problem is likely to be?, does the router need to
    >
    > Fishing for clues here....
    >
    > John

    Your not constarined in using xtra's DNS servers. You could use say
    Clear's as a test. I would suggest putting up with it for 2 days, if it
    is consistant, use another ISPs for 2 or 3 days if the problem goes
    away, swap back to xtra's and see if it re-appears.

    If it does ring xtra and complain.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Nov 18, 2004
  4. John R...

    Gurble Guest

    On 17 Nov 2004 16:24:06 -0800, (John R...) had this
    to say:

    >Having trouble browsing internet today (17/11/04) dns lookups keep
    >timing out, then few seconds later all is good again, then it stuffs
    >up again, then its ok.
    >
    >Is this something to do with xtra's dns server not cutting it, or the
    >router (dynalink rta770w) being a bit dodgy?
    >
    >the xtra help page says no known network problems, however have never
    >known it to say anything other.
    >
    >Anyone know what the problem is likely to be?, does the router need to
    >
    >Fishing for clues here....
    >
    >John

    Yup, Xtra's DNS servers have been playing up quite a bit off and on
    over the last 48 hours.

    Gurble, Nov 18, 2004