    which is usually a rude email.

    Print it out to be sure.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Nov 18, 2003

  2. geopelia

    trout Guest

    geopelia wrote:

    > If you already have junk email going to a special folder, be careful
    > you don't delete
    > "The Team @ Xtra - Important message -xtra anti-spam filter launched
    > today" by mistake.
    >
    > Mine turned up in that folder, probably it picked up "important
    > message" which is usually a rude email.
    >
    > Print it out to be sure.
    >
    > Geopelia

    Nice to see some ISP's finally coming around on this. 'Here'; even
    the crappy Telus.net is rolling out a spam filter.
    However; since they're better-known for cost-cutting, employee
    lay-offs and other forms of 'corporate efficiency'; I think I'll stick
    to doing it myself.
    --
    ">barn<" ------
    trout, Nov 18, 2003

  3. geopelia

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:40:36 -0800, "trout" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Nice to see some ISP's finally coming around on this. 'Here'; even
    >the crappy Telus.net is rolling out a spam filter.
    > However; since they're better-known for cost-cutting, employee
    >lay-offs and other forms of 'corporate efficiency'; I think I'll stick
    >to doing it myself.

    Yes, but now we (tinw) have a nifty new excuse...
    "I never got your e-mail ?! That damn Telus must have deleted it! Idiots!"
    Shel-hed, Nov 18, 2003
  4. geopelia wrote:

    > If you already have junk email going to a special folder, be careful you
    > don't delete
    > "The Team @ Xtra - Important message -xtra anti-spam filter launched today"
    > by mistake.
    >
    > Mine turned up in that folder, probably it picked up "important message"
    > which is usually a rude email.
    >
    > Print it out to be sure.
    > Geopelia

    (^_o)
    Sorry, maybe I'm a little slow on this but:
    if I didn't ask for the spam,
    and it was filtered as spam,
    and its spam for an anti-spam filter....

    Why would I want to keep the spam?

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 19, 2003
  5. geopelia

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:38:49 -0500, BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
    <> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> If you already have junk email going to a special folder, be careful you
    >> don't delete
    >> "The Team @ Xtra - Important message -xtra anti-spam filter launched today"
    >> by mistake.
    >>
    >> Mine turned up in that folder, probably it picked up "important message"
    >> which is usually a rude email.
    >>
    >> Print it out to be sure.
    >> Geopelia

    >(^_o)
    >Sorry, maybe I'm a little slow on this but:
    >if I didn't ask for the spam,
    >and it was filtered as spam,
    >and its spam for an anti-spam filter....
    >
    >Why would I want to keep the spam?

    Because it's an important spam (tinis) with links to instructions on setting up
    filters?
    Shel-hed, Nov 19, 2003
  6. geopelia

    trout Guest

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ wrote:

    > geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> If you already have junk email going to a special folder, be careful
    >> you don't delete
    >> "The Team @ Xtra - Important message -xtra anti-spam filter launched
    >> today" by mistake.
    >>
    >> Mine turned up in that folder, probably it picked up "important
    >> message" which is usually a rude email.
    >>
    >> Print it out to be sure.
    >> Geopelia

    > (^_o)
    > Sorry, maybe I'm a little slow on this but:
    > if I didn't ask for the spam,
    > and it was filtered as spam,
    > and its spam for an anti-spam filter....
    >
    > Why would I want to keep the spam?

    Never mind all the questions. Just wake up and take your sleeping
    pill.
    --
    "I'm just going to check *my* ISP's to make sure it isn't 'opt-out'."
    trout, Nov 19, 2003
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ wrote:
    >
    > > geopelia wrote:
    > >
    > >> If you already have junk email going to a special folder, be careful
    > >> you don't delete
    > >> "The Team @ Xtra - Important message -xtra anti-spam filter launched
    > >> today" by mistake.
    > >>
    > >> Mine turned up in that folder, probably it picked up "important
    > >> message" which is usually a rude email.
    > >>
    > >> Print it out to be sure.
    > >> Geopelia

    > > (^_o)
    > > Sorry, maybe I'm a little slow on this but:
    > > if I didn't ask for the spam,
    > > and it was filtered as spam,
    > > and its spam for an anti-spam filter....
    > >
    > > Why would I want to keep the spam?

    > Never mind all the questions. Just wake up and take your sleeping
    > pill.
    > --
    > "I'm just going to check *my* ISP's to make sure it isn't 'opt-out'."

    That message isn't spam, it is a very important message that my computer
    mistook for spam. Luckily I noticed it before deleting the lot.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Nov 19, 2003
  8. geopelia wrote:

    >>>(^_o)
    >>>Sorry, maybe I'm a little slow on this but:
    >>>if I didn't ask for the spam,
    >>>and it was filtered as spam,
    >>>and its spam for an anti-spam filter....
    >>>Why would I want to keep the spam?

    >>Never mind all the questions. Just wake up and take your sleeping
    >>pill.

    > That message isn't spam, it is a very important message that my computer
    > mistook for spam. Luckily I noticed it before deleting the lot.
    > Geopelia

    Ah! well, never mind then.

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 20, 2003