    2 weeks ago, then he did some checks on my line and determined there was a
    problem at the exchange. A technician will check it out in 8 days time, at
    the exchange. At least some sort of progress, albeit, very slowly.
    Fishb8, May 1, 2006

  2. Fishb8

    EMB Guest

    Fishb8 wrote:
    > Well I waited patiently, all month, for my promised increase and as yet, no
    > increase. I tried the help desk a couple of times but gave up waiting.
    > Last night I rang the help desk and waited, and waited and eventually got
    > through to a helpful guy. He told me I should have had the increase at least
    > 2 weeks ago, then he did some checks on my line and determined there was a
    > problem at the exchange. A technician will check it out in 8 days time, at
    > the exchange. At least some sort of progress, albeit, very slowly.

    You're doing alright - I'm into the third week of telecom refusing to
    organise an upgrade for one of my clients as "ADSL is not provisioned on
    that phone line". Despite me having a copy of the original work order
    for ADSL going on the line they are adamant that it has never been
    connected and as such they can't upgrade it.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, May 1, 2006

  3. Fishb8

    ardz Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > Fishb8 wrote:
    >> Well I waited patiently, all month, for my promised increase and as yet,
    >> no increase. I tried the help desk a couple of times but gave up waiting.
    >> Last night I rang the help desk and waited, and waited and eventually got
    >> through to a helpful guy. He told me I should have had the increase at
    >> least 2 weeks ago, then he did some checks on my line and determined
    >> there was a problem at the exchange. A technician will check it out in 8
    >> days time, at the exchange. At least some sort of progress, albeit, very
    >> slowly.

    > You're doing alright - I'm into the third week of telecom refusing to
    > organise an upgrade for one of my clients as "ADSL is not provisioned on
    > that phone line". Despite me having a copy of the original work order for
    > ADSL going on the line they are adamant that it has never been connected
    > and as such they can't upgrade it.
    >

    > --
    > EMB

    Yeah i ended up ringing Telecom yesterday to see why my speed had not
    increased and was told that anybody on the original 2 meg "Swift" plan would
    not get the speed increase as we have a "192k" upload and Telecom didnt want
    to "drop" us down to 128k without warning. Well i wish i knew that the speed
    increase didnt apply to "all" existing plans. The good thing was that the
    call was answered in 2 minutes even though i had the recorded message
    telling me i could be waiting for 20 mins and also the other good thing is
    that the speed increase should take 2 working days.... oh i had to change to
    the Adventure plan to get the change ie 3.5 down and 128k up. I was tempted
    to go the 512k up but thought otherwise. Ill see how the upgrade goes.
    ardz, May 2, 2006