    out on early 286's

    Would like a copy of it for a DOS System I am configuring.

    Cheers

    Skippy, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Skippy

    Chris Hope Guest

    Skippy wrote:

    > I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???
    >
    > Just to jog the memories it was a Dos Based Menu application (Users
    > could load other applications by selecting the application on a
    > Menu/Sub Menu) was out on early 286's
    >
    > Would like a copy of it for a DOS System I am configuring.

    I remember it but don't have it anywhere.

    Try this: http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=XTGOLD

    The results all look like they're clones but I'm guessing as long as it
    works in a similar manner it's what you need. The first couple I tried
    looked like they're actually Windows console apps but I'm sure if you
    look through enough of the results you should be able to find what you
    need.

    Just did some further searching adding "dos" to the query above and
    found this discussion:
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1270

    One of the links on that page led to
    http://www.xtreefanpage.org/x13avwj.htm - click downloads in the nav
    and maybe one of those will work.

    Chris Hope, Aug 8, 2006

  3. Skippy

    Daniel Guest

    Skippy wrote:
    > Hey Guys,
    >
    > I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???
    >
    > Just to jog the memories it was a Dos Based Menu application (Users could
    > load other applications by selecting the application on a Menu/Sub Menu) was
    > out on early 286's
    >
    > Would like a copy of it for a DOS System I am configuring.
    >

    > Cheers

    Found it fairly quickly.

    You just need to add the "abandonware" qualifier in your google search
    (yeah, I know abandonware is illegal...).

    Daniel, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Skippy

    Peter Guest

    Skippy wrote:
    > I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???

    Yes - that was a great tool. A real shame it never made the jump to 32 bit
    systems. I never found a 32bit replacement.

    Try searching around a bit, you might find a copy or a close enough clone.
    This web site is cool, themed like the xtree screen.
    http://www.xtreefanpage.org/x10dirja.htm

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Aug 8, 2006
  5. On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:40:47 +1200, Skippy <> wrote in

    > Hey Guys,
    >
    > I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???
    >
    > Just to jog the memories it was a Dos Based Menu application (Users could
    > load other applications by selecting the application on a Menu/Sub Menu) was
    > out on early 286's
    >
    > Would like a copy of it for a DOS System I am configuring.
    >
    > Cheers

    Contact me off-group, I should be able to help. My E-Mail address is
    valid.

    --
    Die dulci fruere,
    Nicolaas.

    .... Foreign words and phrases are not à propos.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 8, 2006
  6. Skippy

    BrianM Guest

    On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:25:44 +1000, Peter wrote:

    > Skippy wrote:
    >> I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???

    > Yes - that was a great tool. A real shame it never made the jump to 32
    > bit systems. I never found a 32bit replacement.
    >
    > Try searching around a bit, you might find a copy or a close enough
    > clone. This web site is cool, themed like the xtree screen.
    > http://www.xtreefanpage.org/x10dirja.htm
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Peter

    Yep it was the best damn file manager around for Ms-DOS
    (until Symantic killed it).
    The nearest I've found is Midnight Commander for Linux.

    --
    cheers
    BrianM

    BrianM, Aug 8, 2006
  7. On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:40:47 +1200, "Skippy" <>
    wrote:

    >Hey Guys,
    >
    >I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???

    I used a DOS based Menu system called HDM which was pretty good too.
    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand

    Kristofer Clayton, Aug 8, 2006
  8. Skippy

    Max Q Guest

    BrianM wrote:

    > The nearest I've found is Midnight Commander for Linux.

    Yes, Midnight Commander is one of the things I miss now that I'm back
    to a Windows only box (for now). My Explorer Plus offers the option to
    use XTree Gold keyboard emulation to its users, so presumably some of
    them made that particular move.

    --
    Non sum uni angulo natus; patria nea totus hic est mundus. - Seneca
    http://maxqnzs.com/References.html

    Max Q, Aug 8, 2006
  9. On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:40:47 +1200, "Skippy" <>
    wrote:

    >Hey Guys,
    >
    >I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???
    >
    >Just to jog the memories it was a Dos Based Menu application (Users could
    >load other applications by selecting the application on a Menu/Sub Menu) was
    >out on early 286's
    >
    >Would like a copy of it for a DOS System I am configuring.
    >

    >Cheers

    Would it make me some kind of dinosaur if I still had it on my C:
    drive?

    I don't know, these young punks today with their LCD screens and their
    X-Boxes. In my day we had a Dos prompt and we were glad to have it.
    Mutter mutter...

    JM

    James McLaughlin, Aug 8, 2006
  10. Skippy

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Skippy" <> wrote in news:1155026233.207624@ftpsrv1:

    > Dos Based Menu

    Didn't microsoft make something called dosmenu.exe? Yeah, it may not be
    what you want, but it may already be on the machine...

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 8, 2006
  11. Skippy

    Greg Guest

    there is ztree, same thing but works well with long file names etc

    Greg, Aug 8, 2006
  12. Skippy

    David Guest

    On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 06:25:23 +1200, Greg <> wrote:

    I use this program Total Commander download it from
    here http://www.ghisler.com/ it works ok for file
    handling.

    David, Aug 8, 2006
  13. Skippy

    Charles Foot Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Skippy wrote:
    >> I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???

    > Yes - that was a great tool. A real shame it never made the jump to 32 bit
    > systems. I never found a 32bit replacement.
    >
    > Try searching around a bit, you might find a copy or a close enough clone.
    > This web site is cool, themed like the xtree screen.
    > http://www.xtreefanpage.org/x10dirja.htm
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Peter

    Look for X32..

    Charles Foot, Aug 8, 2006
  14. Skippy

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Max Q wrote:
    > BrianM wrote:
    >
    >> The nearest I've found is Midnight Commander for Linux.

    > Yes, Midnight Commander is one of the things I miss now that I'm back
    > to a Windows only box (for now).

    There is a Windows port of mc. I don't know if it has all the
    functionality of mc under linux, though.

    -=rjh=-, Aug 9, 2006
  15. On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:25:44 +1200, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >Skippy wrote:
    >> I know its a LONG SHOT. but does anyone have XTGOLD???

    >Yes - that was a great tool. A real shame it never made the jump to 32 bit
    >systems. I never found a 32bit replacement.
    >
    >Try searching around a bit, you might find a copy or a close enough clone.
    >This web site is cool, themed like the xtree screen.
    >http://www.xtreefanpage.org/x10dirja.htm
    >
    >HTH
    >
    >Peter

    Ztree was a windows clone of Xtree. Pretty good too.

    Jason Clinton, Aug 9, 2006
  16. Skippy

    Alan007

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    HAVE YOU FOUND A COPY OF XT-GOLD? I USED TO USE THIS DOS BASE PROGRAM...i still have a copy somewhere, they also made a program for windows also... but i don't think it was that good...

    Alan007, Apr 27, 2009
  17. Skippy

    WILD BILL

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    YOU R IN LUCK

    GOT IT IF YOU NEED IT E-MAIL ME AND ILL MAIL YOU A DISK OR YOU CAN UPLOAD IT FROM A SERVER I HAVE AT MY OFFICE WITH A BUFFALO DATA STORAGE YOU WILL NEED :yell: :cool: CODE FROM ME ITS FREE
    ALSO GOT XTREE BLUE XTREE GOLD ZTREEWIN XTGOLD VER 1.5 WITH SOM VPN PLUGINS ALL HAVE BEEN SET WITH COMMAND LINE TYPE INSTALL SO OVERLAY DONT COME BACK AS MISSING AND FILE TYPE IDENTIFIER WILL ALSO READ NT AND VISTA FILE 7 WINDOWS SERVER ect ect
    AHH THE COOL GOOD OLD DAYS OF DOS 2 BIT IO AND LINE 10= IF THEN GOTO SUB DIV AND STOP GO END LOAD RUN
    OH WELL LET ME KNOW I CHECK MY MESSAGES AFTER 5 EASH DAY

    WILD BILL

    WILD BILL, Jan 5, 2011
  18. Skippy

    prostar55