    be appreciated.
    --
    Clint Sharp
    Clint Sharp, Aug 14, 2007

  2. Clint Sharp

    Jono Guest

    Clint Sharp brought next idea :
    > Having this installed at an office by the company that installed the VOIP
    > stuff, will it work in user sessions on Windows 2003 terminal server? I've
    > emailed Xtelsio but not had a reply yet so any help would be appreciated.

    There's no reason why it shouldn't.

    Are your TS users local or connected via a VPN.....or some other way?
    Jono, Aug 14, 2007

  3. Clint Sharp

    Clint Sharp Guest

    In message <>, Jono
    <> writes
    >Clint Sharp brought next idea :
    >> Having this installed at an office by the company that installed the
    >>VOIP stuff, will it work in user sessions on Windows 2003 terminal
    >>server? I've emailed Xtelsio but not had a reply yet so any help
    >>would be appreciated.

    >There's no reason why it shouldn't.
    >
    >Are your TS users local or connected via a VPN.....or some other way?

    VPN but there appears to be a local Asterisk box in the remote office
    which I assume is what Xtelsio would want to talk to, if that's right
    there's going to be traffic from the TS to the Asterisk and back again
    over the VPN!
    The main reason I asked is that the install appears to need a user
    specified which doesn't fit with s 'simple' TS installed application.
    --
    Clint Sharp
    Clint Sharp, Aug 14, 2007
  4. Clint Sharp

    Jono Guest

    Clint Sharp used his keyboard to write :
    > In message <>, Jono
    > <> writes
    >>Clint Sharp brought next idea :
    >>> Having this installed at an office by the company that installed the VOIP
    >>> stuff, will it work in user sessions on Windows 2003 terminal server? I've
    >>> emailed Xtelsio but not had a reply yet so any help would be appreciated.

    >>There's no reason why it shouldn't.
    >>
    >>Are your TS users local or connected via a VPN.....or some other way?
    >>

    > VPN but there appears to be a local Asterisk box in the remote office which I
    > assume is what Xtelsio would want to talk to, if that's right there's going
    > to be traffic from the TS to the Asterisk and back again over the VPN!
    > The main reason I asked is that the install appears to need a user specified
    > which doesn't fit with s 'simple' TS installed application.

    Each user would store their extension details in their "copy" of
    Xtelsio. Whenever they click a contact to call, their extension will
    ring, followed by the dialled number being called.
    Jono, Aug 15, 2007
  5. Clint Sharp

    Clint Sharp Guest

    In message <>, Jono
    <> writes
    >Each user would store their extension details in their "copy" of
    >Xtelsio. Whenever they click a contact to call, their extension will
    >ring, followed by the dialled number being called.

    As I thought it should. So the installer asking for Admin rights on
    every user account is probably not fully versed in the ways of TS
    software installation then.
    --
    Clint Sharp
    Clint Sharp, Aug 15, 2007
  6. Clint Sharp

    Clint Sharp Guest

    In message <>, Clint Sharp
    <> writes
    >In message <>, Jono
    ><> writes
    >>Each user would store their extension details in their "copy" of
    >>Xtelsio. Whenever they click a contact to call, their extension will
    >>ring, followed by the dialled number being called.
    >>

    >As I thought it should. So the installer asking for Admin rights on
    >every user account is probably not fully versed in the ways of TS
    >software installation then.

    And the waters muddy again, just got email from Extelsio saying every
    user has to have their own copy installed individually.
    --
    Clint Sharp
    Clint Sharp, Aug 16, 2007
  7. Clint Sharp

    Jono Guest

    Clint Sharp brought next idea :
    > In message <>, Clint Sharp
    > <> writes
    >>In message <>, Jono
    >> <> writes
    >>>Each user would store their extension details in their "copy" of Xtelsio.
    >>> Whenever they click a contact to call, their extension will ring, followed
    >>> by the dialled number being called.
    >>>

    >>As I thought it should. So the installer asking for Admin rights on every
    >> user account is probably not fully versed in the ways of TS software
    >> installation then.

    > And the waters muddy again, just got email from Extelsio saying every user
    > has to have their own copy installed individually.

    It is a miniscule application.

    How many TS users have you got?
    Jono, Aug 16, 2007
  8. Clint Sharp

    Clint Sharp Guest

    In message <>, Jono
    <> writes
    >> And the waters muddy again, just got email from Extelsio saying every
    >>user has to have their own copy installed individually.

    >It is a miniscule application.
    >
    >How many TS users have you got?

    Not enough to make it a real pain but it's annoying all the same.
    --
    Clint Sharp
    Clint Sharp, Aug 16, 2007
  9. Clint Sharp

    Jono Guest

    Clint Sharp presented the following explanation :
    > In message <>, Jono
    > <> writes
    >>> And the waters muddy again, just got email from Extelsio saying every user
    >>> has to have their own copy installed individually.

    >>It is a miniscule application.
    >>
    >>How many TS users have you got?
    >>

    > Not enough to make it a real pain but it's annoying all the same.

    Interesting.

    I've just installed it & can tell you that all the extension settings
    are retained from one windows account to another - on XP Remote
    Desktop. Hopefully, a terminal server will not behave the same way as
    XP.
    Jono, Aug 17, 2007
  10. Clint Sharp

    Tim Guest

    Clint Sharp wrote:
    > And the waters muddy again, just got email from Extelsio saying every
    > user has to have their own copy installed individually.

    Thats isn't so good.

    I have a customer who install a lot of terminal server systems, and also
    installing asterisk systems too. And they need a really sweet click to
    dial and screen popup system.

    Tim
    Tim, Aug 17, 2007
  11. In article <46c59484$0$642$>,
    Tim <> wrote:
    >Clint Sharp wrote:
    >> And the waters muddy again, just got email from Extelsio saying every
    >> user has to have their own copy installed individually.

    >Thats isn't so good.
    >
    >I have a customer who install a lot of terminal server systems, and also
    >installing asterisk systems too. And they need a really sweet click to
    >dial and screen popup system.

    Although I've not tried it,

    http://outcall.sourceforge.net/index.html

    Looks promising... Not sure if it would work via TS though.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Aug 17, 2007
  12. Clint Sharp

    Tim Guest

    Tim, Aug 17, 2007
  13. Clint Sharp

    Jono Guest

    Tim presented the following explanation :
    > Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >> Although I've not tried it,
    >>
    >> http://outcall.sourceforge.net/index.html
    >>
    >> Looks promising... Not sure if it would work via TS though.

    > Very very basic.
    >
    > Tim

    I agree with you.

    It also struggles to read Outlook contacts that are not in the user's
    main Contacts folder. Does this problem blight them all?

    It does work, though.

    I have it running at the office to give me Caller Display of callers to
    home.

    My PBX forwards calls to my mobile, though only my home number shows up
    on my mobile. Using Outcall I can see the number before deciding
    whether to answer the call on my mobile.

    I rather like Snapanumber. Shame there's a cost.
    Jono, Aug 17, 2007