    Sorry for the cross post. Followup set to alt.fan.mozilla

    Thanks.

    Sohail

    Sohail, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Sohail

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Sohail wrote:
    > Scenario:
    >
    > [user@localhost] mozilla &
    > [1] XYZ
    >
    > [user@remotemachine] mozilla -remote 'openURL(https://192.168.0.1)' &
    > [1] XYZ
    >
    > Mozilla@remotemachine *does not* connect to my locally running one. Why?
    > Am I misunderstanding something? Are there some ports I need to be
    > forwarding locally or opening up locally?
    >
    > Sorry for the cross post. Followup set to alt.fan.mozilla

    The -remote works only if you run mozilla on the same machine as the same
    user. To make what you are trying, would requier a really adanced form of
    mozilla clustering.

    //Aho

    J.O. Aho, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Sohail

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Sohail wrote:
    > Scenario:
    >
    > [user@localhost] mozilla &
    > [1] XYZ
    >
    > [user@remotemachine] mozilla -remote 'openURL(https://192.168.0.1)' &
    > [1] XYZ
    >
    > Mozilla@remotemachine *does not* connect to my locally running one. Why?
    > Am I misunderstanding something? Are there some ports I need to be
    > forwarding locally or opening up locally?
    >
    > Sorry for the cross post. Followup set to alt.fan.mozilla
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Sohail

    Damn I hate follow-up, what the heck, why should I care to see any replys.

    J.O. Aho, Dec 23, 2003
  4. I think you misunderstand the concept. According to
    http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html site, mozilla -remote is used to
    connect to already existing mozilla process. As far as I can tell, it
    is not meant as a vehicle to connect to Mozilla on the remote system
    (what you are trying to do).

    Please, read up on the link I provided above to better understand what
    you can or cannot do with 'mozilla -remote' command.

    --
    __ _

    --==[bman]==--, Jan 3, 2004