    another re-install, still not working.
    Well, wait for some clever bastard to suffer the same fate and tell me
    how to fix it.

    Bret, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Bret

    theseus Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Set a restore point and installed Sp2, Mozilla wont start because
    > moz.dll is missing, "try reinstalling" the box says.
    > Re-install didn't work, well I set a restore point (always wondered
    > what system restore was for) after the reboot still no mozilla, well
    > another re-install, still not working.
    > Well, wait for some clever bastard to suffer the same fate and tell me
    > how to fix it.

    Mozilla-Firefox still works for me after sp2

    theseus, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Bret

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:01:09 +1200, "theseus" <> wrote:

    >"Bret" <> wrote in message
    >> Set a restore point and installed Sp2, Mozilla wont start because
    >> moz.dll is missing, "try reinstalling" the box says.
    >> Re-install didn't work, well I set a restore point (always wondered
    >> what system restore was for) after the reboot still no mozilla, well
    >> another re-install, still not working.
    >> Well, wait for some clever bastard to suffer the same fate and tell me
    >> how to fix it.

    >Mozilla-Firefox still works for me after sp2

    And me thankfully :)

    Bret, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Bret wrote:
    > Set a restore point and installed Sp2, Mozilla wont start because
    > moz.dll is missing, "try reinstalling" the box says.
    > Re-install didn't work, well I set a restore point (always wondered
    > what system restore was for) after the reboot still no mozilla, well
    > another re-install, still not working.
    > Well, wait for some clever bastard to suffer the same fate and tell me
    > how to fix it.

    weird, mine works fine.
    both moz and moz-ff/tb.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 11, 2004
  5. Bret

    Bret Guest

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:33:57 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >Bret wrote:
    >> Set a restore point and installed Sp2, Mozilla wont start because
    >> moz.dll is missing, "try reinstalling" the box says.
    >> Re-install didn't work, well I set a restore point (always wondered
    >> what system restore was for) after the reboot still no mozilla, well
    >> another re-install, still not working.
    >> Well, wait for some clever bastard to suffer the same fate and tell me
    >> how to fix it.

    >weird, mine works fine.
    >both moz and moz-ff/tb.

    Fixed it by downloading 1.7.2, was running 1.7rc2.

    Bret, Aug 12, 2004
  6. Bret wrote:
    >>>Set a restore point and installed Sp2, Mozilla wont start because
    >>>moz.dll is missing, "try reinstalling" the box says.

    >>>how to fix it.

    >>weird, mine works fine.
    >>both moz and moz-ff/tb.

    > Fixed it by downloading 1.7.2, was running 1.7rc2.

    weird, anything in the chage log about it?

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 12, 2004
  7. Bret

    Bret Guest

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:44:37 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >>>weird, mine works fine.
    >>>both moz and moz-ff/tb.

    >> Fixed it by downloading 1.7.2, was running 1.7rc2.

    >weird, anything in the chage log about it?

    No mention, I did a group search and found one post with the same
    problem, in nz.comp, he had no clue but I hear he fixed it :)

    Bret, Aug 12, 2004
  8. Bret

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: XPsp2 Kills Mozilla
    > From: "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp

    >>>weird, mine works fine.
    >>>both moz and moz-ff/tb.

    >> Fixed it by downloading 1.7.2, was running 1.7rc2.

    > weird, anything in the chage log about it?

    Microsoft to Temporarily Stop Auto-Update of SP2

    <http://www.overclockersclub.com/?read=9232607>

    "Microsoft said that they will be giving customers a tool to prevent SP2
    to from being automatically installed on their computer via Automatic
    Update or Windows Update. Microsoft originally was going to "force" the
    new service pack upon users but because there is so much controversy
    over the potential of applications no longer working after install the
    Service Pack, Microsoft has decide to make it a choice of the users..."

    Hmmmm...

    --
    D.

    Mike Dee, Aug 12, 2004
  9. Bret

    Bret Guest

    On 12 Aug 2004 20:42:44 GMT, Mike Dee <>
    wrote:

    >"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    >
    >> Subject: Re: XPsp2 Kills Mozilla
    >> From: "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz>
    >> Newsgroups: nz.comp

    >>> Fixed it by downloading 1.7.2, was running 1.7rc2.

    >> weird, anything in the chage log about it?

    >Microsoft to Temporarily Stop Auto-Update of SP2
    >
    ><http://www.overclockersclub.com/?read=9232607>
    >
    >"Microsoft said that they will be giving customers a tool to prevent SP2
    >to from being automatically installed on their computer via Automatic
    >Update or Windows Update. Microsoft originally was going to "force" the
    >new service pack upon users but because there is so much controversy
    >over the potential of applications no longer working after install the
    >Service Pack, Microsoft has decide to make it a choice of the users..."
    >
    >Hmmmm...

    A wise decision from MS :)

    Bret, Aug 12, 2004
  10. Bret

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On 12 Aug 2004 20:42:44 GMT, Mike Dee <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    > >
    > >> Subject: Re: XPsp2 Kills Mozilla
    > >> From: "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz>
    > >> Newsgroups: nz.comp

    > >> weird, anything in the chage log about it?

    > >Microsoft to Temporarily Stop Auto-Update of SP2
    > >
    > ><http://www.overclockersclub.com/?read=9232607>
    > >
    > >"Microsoft said that they will be giving customers a tool to prevent SP2
    > >to from being automatically installed on their computer via Automatic
    > >Update or Windows Update. Microsoft originally was going to "force" the
    > >new service pack upon users but because there is so much controversy
    > >over the potential of applications no longer working after install the
    > >Service Pack, Microsoft has decide to make it a choice of the users..."
    > >
    > >Hmmmm...

    > A wise decision from MS :)

    This too below was something I read about Nortons that SP2 won't play
    well with. Would help MS new antivirus product LOL. One for Divine to
    get his teeth into about conspiracies to nooble Nortons and make their
    AV more attractive. Haha.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Aug 12, 2004
  11. Bret

    Chris Guest

    bAZZ <> wrote in

    > This too below was something I read about Nortons that SP2 won't play
    > well with. Would help MS new antivirus product LOL. One for Divine to
    > get his teeth into about conspiracies to nooble Nortons and make their
    > AV more attractive. Haha.

    The only problem I had was NAV not being able to configure windows
    Messenger but as I don't use Messenger I just unticked the box. Besides
    I'm only only using NAV since my new PC came with a 3 month sub. I once
    had a problem with NAV trying to stop mu APC UPS from shutting down - all
    the NAV people could do was blame the APC people. There one up-man-ship
    put me off. Mind you APC wasn't much better, I just happened to agree with
    their general POV
    Chris

    Chris, Aug 13, 2004
  12. Bret

    Pulp Fixxion Guest

    Bret <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Set a restore point and installed Sp2, Mozilla wont start because
    > moz.dll is missing, "try reinstalling" the box says.
    > Re-install didn't work, well I set a restore point (always wondered
    > what system restore was for) after the reboot still no mozilla, well
    > another re-install, still not working.
    > Well, wait for some clever bastard to suffer the same fate and tell me
    > how to fix it.

    Bah humbug. Thats why I never install SP2. i will wait to see which
    apps get killed by it first. And then wait for the patches that get
    released for SP2. What a joke!

    Pulp Fixxion, Aug 13, 2004
  13. Pulp Fixxion wrote:
    > Bah humbug. Thats why I never install SP2. i will wait to see which
    > apps get killed by it first. And then wait for the patches that get
    > released for SP2. What a joke!

    errr, it's not MS's fault if apps break, they have given at least a year
    of notice to everyone about the changes, and they needed to be made.

    have a read of this, it's about right.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/12/winxp_sp2_stop_moaning/

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 13, 2004
  14. In article <Xns9544589F658A1emteedee@130.133.1.4>,
    says...
    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    >
    > > Subject: Re: XPsp2 Kills Mozilla
    > > From: "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz>
    > > Newsgroups: nz.comp

    > >> Fixed it by downloading 1.7.2, was running 1.7rc2.

    > > weird, anything in the chage log about it?

    > Microsoft to Temporarily Stop Auto-Update of SP2
    >
    > <http://www.overclockersclub.com/?read=9232607>
    >
    > "Microsoft said that they will be giving customers a tool to prevent SP2
    > to from being automatically installed on their computer via Automatic
    > Update or Windows Update. Microsoft originally was going to "force" the
    > new service pack upon users but because there is so much controversy
    > over the potential of applications no longer working after install the
    > Service Pack, Microsoft has decide to make it a choice of the users..."
    >
    > Hmmmm...

    SP1 wasn't an automatic update, should be the same with SP2

    --
    "Marriage is a lifelong covenant commitment between
    a man and a woman.

    This foundation provides the best possible
    environment to raise our children."

    See http://www.maxim.org.nz/civilunions.html

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 13, 2004
  15. In article <>,
    says...
    > Bret <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Set a restore point and installed Sp2, Mozilla wont start because
    > > moz.dll is missing, "try reinstalling" the box says.
    > > Re-install didn't work, well I set a restore point (always wondered
    > > what system restore was for) after the reboot still no mozilla, well
    > > another re-install, still not working.
    > > Well, wait for some clever bastard to suffer the same fate and tell me
    > > how to fix it.

    > Bah humbug. Thats why I never install SP2. i will wait to see which
    > apps get killed by it first. And then wait for the patches that get
    > released for SP2. What a joke!

    Not a joke, as MS have no control over the hardware environment, even
    with all the testing they have gone through (which has been very
    extensive) it is impossible they could predict all the hardware and
    software combinations especially with manufacturers writing their own
    drivers.

    If you don't like the open PC hardware environment get a Mac.

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 13, 2004
  16. In article <>, dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz
    says...
    > Pulp Fixxion wrote:
    > > Bah humbug. Thats why I never install SP2. i will wait to see which
    > > apps get killed by it first. And then wait for the patches that get
    > > released for SP2. What a joke!

    > errr, it's not MS's fault if apps break, they have given at least a year
    > of notice to everyone about the changes, and they needed to be made.

    Yes and all the hardware suppliers should take part in the beta program
    and make sure all their HW works properly with the service packs, if they
    did then there would be less hardware incompatibility problems with the
    OS.

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 13, 2004