  1. I understand there is an AT command I can send to my modem to return a
    Product ID or some way of identifying the modem.

    Can someone help please
    No Cheques Cash only, Jan 28, 2004

  2. No Cheques Cash only

    Boomer Guest

    No Cheques Cash only, <> wrote:

    > I understand there is an AT command I can send to my modem to
    > return a Product ID or some way of identifying the modem.
    >
    > Can someone help please

    Read toward the bottom for "For a list of some other AT commands".

    (Via a quick Google search)

    http://www.umanitoba.ca/acn/remote/faq/winxp-mdm-ident.html

    Need more info? Download Aida32.
    Boomer, Jan 28, 2004

  3. No Cheques Cash only

    Patrick Guest

    No Cheques Cash only wrote:
    > I understand there is an AT command I can send to my modem to return a
    > Product ID or some way of identifying the modem.
    >
    > Can someone help please

    Below are extracts from the help-file of a program called 'Mtkit'
    (Modemtoolkit), I can't find where I got the program, but it is basically a
    cutdown version of 'hyperterminal' for the purpose of entering test (AT)
    commands.
    I wonder how I might send you the zipped-program, it is only 8KB, perhaps
    you would like to give an e-mail-add that I could send to
    {you(at)there(dot)where}.
    Anyways heres the details of the AT, that you could perhaps use in
    'Hyperterminal';
    (not that 'I' is eye, not number)

    USR/3Com Modems:
    I0 = Report Product Code
    I1 = Report Checksum
    I2 = Report RAM Test
    I3 = Report Product ID string
    I4 = Report Current Settings
    I5 = Report NVRAM Settings.
    I6 = Report the diagnostic results for the last connection.
    I7 = Report Product Configuration

    Connexant / Rockwell

    I0 = Report product code.
    I1 = Report computed checksum.
    I2 = Report OK
    I3 = Report firmware revision, model, date.
    I4 = Report response programmed by an OEM.
    I5 = Report country code parameter.
    Patrick, Jan 28, 2004
  4. No Cheques Cash only

    Patrick Guest

    I've just found where the program comes from.
    Hope it helps;
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nprob/modemtoolkit.htm

    Patrick, Jan 28, 2004
  5. No Cheques Cash only

    Miggsee Guest

    Aida 32 will do it:
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    Miggsee, Jan 28, 2004
  6. No Cheques Cash only

    Trax Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:48:48 GMT, "No Cheques Cash only"
    <> wrote:

    |>I understand there is an AT command I can send to my modem to return a
    |>Product ID or some way of identifying the modem.

    Patrick gave you the i commands that will work, another way to aquire
    this information is:

    Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options > Modems > Properties >
    Diagnostics > Query Modem

    This is under 2000, XP should be close.
    --
    ,,