xpat not supported

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by william kossack, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. when I try to search newsgroups I get an error
    "A News (NNTP) error occured xpat not supported"

    william kossack, Feb 1, 2005

  2. william kossack

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, Feb 2, 2005

  3. For example I've posted to a newsgroup and the message comes up when I
    right click on the newgroup under thunderbird and search for my name as
    the sender with contains and my last name in the text box. The error
    box appears.

    william kossack, Feb 2, 2005
  4. william kossack

    Moz Champion Guest

    william kossack wrote:

    > For example I've posted to a newsgroup and the message comes up when I
    > right click on the newgroup under thunderbird and search for my name as
    > the sender with contains and my last name in the text box. The error
    > box appears.
    >
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> william kossack wrote:
    >>
    >>> when I try to search newsgroups I get an error
    >>> "A News (NNTP) error occured xpat not supported"

    >> Um, what method (means) are you attempting to use Search from?

    It would be appreciatted if you bottom posted thanks

    Um, whats with the right click, use the Search bar

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Moz Champion wrote:
    > william kossack wrote:
    >
    >> For example I've posted to a newsgroup and the message comes up when I
    >> right click on the newgroup under thunderbird and search for my name
    >> as the sender with contains and my last name in the text box. The
    >> error box appears.
    >>
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> Um, what method (means) are you attempting to use Search from?
    >>>

    > It would be appreciatted if you bottom posted thanks
    >
    > Um, whats with the right click, use the Search bar

    I personally find bottom posting a pain. If you've been following a
    long thread then why scroll through everything for each posting in order
    to see what the next guy said? It makes no sense. In a professional
    work environment putting your reply attached to the bottom of an email
    is a sure way to have what you have written go unread.

    As with other windows apps Right-clicking should provide the same
    functionality as the menu bar. As with top posting right-clicking in
    order to get to a function in a windows app provides for less hand
    movement and more efficient use of your time.

    william kossack, Feb 3, 2005
  6. william kossack

    Moz Champion Guest

    william kossack wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> william kossack wrote:
    >>
    >>> For example I've posted to a newsgroup and the message comes up when
    >>> I right click on the newgroup under thunderbird and search for my
    >>> name as the sender with contains and my last name in the text box.
    >>> The error box appears.

    >> It would be appreciatted if you bottom posted thanks
    >>
    >> Um, whats with the right click, use the Search bar
    >>

    > I personally find bottom posting a pain. If you've been following a
    > long thread then why scroll through everything for each posting in order
    > to see what the next guy said? It makes no sense. In a professional
    > work environment putting your reply attached to the bottom of an email
    > is a sure way to have what you have written go unread.
    >
    > As with other windows apps Right-clicking should provide the same
    > functionality as the menu bar. As with top posting right-clicking in
    > order to get to a function in a windows app provides for less hand
    > movement and more efficient use of your time.

    Okay, you try to answer questions in a tech support group, with a mix of
    reply methods. With a consistant bottom posting method, the
    questions/answers follow each other, so one can step through the problem
    from onset to current, seeing whats been asked/done at each stage.

    And since you can set your program to automatically bottom-post, whats
    the 'pain' of doing it? Set it to bottom post on news accounts.

    And no snipping? Your problem is familiar to you, after all its your
    problem <g>, but it may not be to the people attemptiing to assist. For
    example I read/remark on hundreds of posts per day, and simply dont have
    the time to go back and reread an entire thread just to get the entire
    picture of the problem (and whats been done/asked previously). Having it
    all in one message minimizes the time to review when needed.

    I dont see the problem with right-clicking (or lack of as the case may
    be) - after all, I dont have right-click available <g> (on a Mac). And
    in this case, do you get the same error if you use the onscreen search
    entry box?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org