    ulead ect i don't have to replace these do i ?
    is it just a case of downloading 64bit drivers for my present software
    [vista or xp excluded as they must have it i pressume ]
    =?Utf-8?B?dG9ycXVlYzE=?=, Feb 4, 2006

  2. The majority of 32 bit applications are compatible except for those that
    utilize 16 bit installers which is not supported under Windows x64. As for
    hardware devices, all of them are required to have 64-bit drivers before
    they can run under Windows x64.

    Moving to Windows x64 all depends on what you plan to do with operating
    system. Investing Windows XP x64 right now requires thorough research to
    ensure that all the devices and applications you plan on using with
    operating system is fully compatible, this includes Scanners,
    Printers/All-In-Ones etc.

    I suggest you check out Charlie Russels Overview of the Windows x64 Editions
    first:
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/11/29/77166.aspx

    I suspect that Windows Vista will be the version of Windows that brings the
    idea of consumer 64-bit computing full circle. So in some cases, its best
    you wait, but do the research before you invest in it if you think its
    something you really need today.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 4, 2006