XP64 on Toshiba laptop, hangs at acpitabl.dat

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by jtx1029, Jul 28, 2009.

  1. jtx1029

    jtx1029 Guest

    When I attempts to install Windows XP Pro 64-bit on my Toshiba laptop,
    can go through the whole setup, it sees my HD and allows me t
    create/delete partitions and installs the whole OS, however once it doe
    it's final reboot to load the OS it hangs at acpitabl.dat.

    I am able to load into Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt, however I canno
    load Safe Mode or Safe Mode w/ Networking or Regular mode.

    Most places I see seem to say it has to do with S-ATA drivers and wha
    not, but if I was able to see my HD during the installation which di
    not require me to install the driver before receiving these options.

    My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P100 PSPADC-MA605C, it has a 2GH
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7200, 2GB of RAM, 200GB S-ATA 4,200RPM HD and
    GeForce 7600Go w/ 256MB of dedicated RAM.

    Would anyone have any idea why it is hanging at this file on bootup? I
    it a S-ATA driver issue? If this something I could fix within Safe Mode
    As I mentionned, I can load Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt which if neede
    can get into regular Safe Mode by loading this first.

    Any help would be great! Thanks.

    Justi

    --
    jtx102
    jtx1029, Jul 28, 2009

  2. jtx1029

    Paulo Filho Guest

    Im sorry, maybe this will sound stupid... Anyway lets go...

    If you can load the "safe-mode w/ command prompt", have you ever tried to
    type "start explorer" in the prompt?
    That would open regular safe-mode, you know? - Ignore this part if you
    already knew that.

    Have you ever tried to look on the bios for acpi relative options?

    Hope to have helped.

    Paulo

    Paulo Filho, Aug 3, 2009

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=

    Bootup stops at acpitabl.dat

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=, May 9, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit