    with no problems. I have an Intel D975XBX MB, an Intel core 2 6600, 2gb
    Corsair DDR2 667MHz mem., Hitachi SATA 500gb HD. I have the latest Bios
    update. Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBELg==?=, Sep 8, 2006

  2. I have had some problems with Corsair DDR2 ram and I also use a Core 2 Duo.
    This sounds like a hardware problem and may very well be the ram. Run a
    good ram tester to see. Also, make sure you disconnect all external usb
    devices not needed for installation and try again.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 9, 2006

  3. I ran Windows memory tester and everything passed. I unplugged all usb except
    mouse and keyboard. If XPx64, XPx32, and Vistax32 all run fine than can it be
    a compatability issue with Vistax64 and not faulty hardware? Is there
    something else I could try? I've waited a long time for a x64 computer.
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?a2NtYzIw?=, Sep 9, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBELg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Take advantage of your other systems to look at the dump file for the error
    message and either google it or post back here. I'm not in Vista now, but
    it is usually on the install drive called Windows\minidump
    Look for something like this
    Fatal System Error: 0x%08lx (0x%p,0x%p,0x%p,0x%p) Driver at fault: %s.***
    STOP: 0x%08lX

    Where you are stopping, I think you may be having a driver problem. Try
    disconnecting as much hardware as you can before installing

    John Barnes, Sep 9, 2006
  5. The memtest in Windows is lightweight. You need a much more thorough
    tester.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 9, 2006