XP64 driver

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Stroppy, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Stroppy

    Stroppy Guest

    Hi,

    I downloaded and installed this file "drivers-amd64-041805.zip" to use it
    with the trial version of XP64.

    But as mentioned in the read me text file, it's a time-bombed version:

    "This driver package was built on April 18, 2005, and will expire 120 days
    from that date.

    You will be notified of this expiration during installation, seven days
    prior to the expiration, and at the time of expiration.

    Once expired, these drivers will no longer function.

    Please check http://preview.creativelabs.com regularly for updated drivers."

    I don't see any new drivers even beta, so what should I do between August 15
    and, let say, December?

    Cheers.
    Stroppy, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Stroppy

    DKI Guest

    Which Creative card do you have.
    http://ask.americas.creative.com/wwenglish/general/xp_64_driver_matrix.htm
    as you can see from that the only card to use beta drivers are the live
    series (not including the live 24bit)

    if you have any of the those cards you can get the final driver but if your
    using the live card creative will update the beta driver with a new date to
    expire so you won't need to worry to much about the time bomb as long as you
    get the new one when it is released.

    DKI, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Stroppy

    Stroppy Guest

    "DKI" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Which Creative card do you have.

    Sorry, I post this thread to creative.products.sound_blaster.live and
    checked at http://preview.creativelabs.com, but as there's not much activity
    at both places, put it also here and forgot to write it was about SBLive!.

    > but if your using the live card creative will update the beta driver with
    > a new date to expire so you won't need to worry to much about the time
    > bomb as long as you get the new one when it is released.

    Ok, I'll check for any update of the beta, hope they won't forget ;-)

    Thank you.
    Stroppy, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Stroppy

    Alex Griffin Guest