    SCSI function. If this is true I would appreciate some input.

    Thanks
    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Jan 22, 2010

  2. SAS and traditional parallel SCSI aren't cross-compatible, so your SAS slot
    won't help.

    Scanner support in XP x64 has always been one of the weakest areas.
    Honestly, if you need this, you're better off with Windows 7.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 22, 2010

  3. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    > Scanner support in XP x64 has always been one of the weakest areas.
    > Honestly, if you need this, you're better off with Windows 7.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie

    If I have to I will keep the XP 32 bit machine until I find a way to
    keep my scanner going.

    Will the XP (32 bit) mode of XP x64 be of any use or don't I undestand
    XP (32 bit) mode?

    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Jan 23, 2010
  4. I don't think there is an XP Mode in XP x64. What you may be thinking
    of is the Windows XP Mode for Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate.

    I have the XP Mode installed on my Win 7 system, but I don't know
    whether a SCSI card would be recognized in the XP VM or not.

    Bobby Johnson, Jan 23, 2010
  5. >
    > If I have to I will keep the XP 32 bit machine until I find a way to
    > keep my scanner going.

    Then you should keep a (physical) 32-bit XP computer around that has a SCSI
    card that supports this scanner. Because there is no way to get it to work
    in XP x64 unless you have a 64-bit driver for both the SCSI card and the
    scanner itself.

    > Will the XP (32 bit) mode of XP x64 be of any use or don't I undestand
    > XP (32 bit) mode?

    No, you don't. I'm not sure even what you mean by "XP (32bit) mode". If you
    mean the "XPMode" in Windows 7, that is a specific virtual machine that is
    ONLY available when running Windows Virtual PC. Which ONLY works on
    specific editions of Windows 7, and only when you have hardware
    virtualization support built in to the CPUs. If you mean the WOW64 subsystem
    that supports 32-bit applications in 64-bit Windows, then it won't help you
    at all because you still must have 64-bit drivers. The WOW64 subsystem is
    only for application support, and doesn't support 32-bit system level
    drivers.

    Charlie.
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 23, 2010
  6. It won't. if one had a USB scanner, one could probably get it to work, since
    USB can be passed through.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 23, 2010