    aren't alphabetical - how can I put that right?

    nof
    Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue

    Goalie, Sep 28, 2005

  2. Goalie

    Rider Guest

    "Goalie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Under the All Programs button I find new programs installed on another
    > partition appear on the All Programs button. They
    > aren't alphabetical - how can I put that right?
    >
    > nof
    > Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue

    Right click on the menu ... sort by name?

    Rider, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Rider wrote:
    >>Under the All Programs button I find new programs installed on another
    >>partition appear on the All Programs button. They
    >>aren't alphabetical - how can I put that right?

    > Right click on the menu ... sort by name?

    close...
    start, settings, task bar and start menu, "start menu" up the top,
    "customise" down the bottom, "sort", ok , ok.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 28, 2005
  4. On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:14:20 +1200, Goalie <> wrote in

    > Under the All Programs button I find new programs installed on another partition appear on the All Programs button. They
    > aren't alphabetical - how can I put that right?

    Right-click on any entry in that table.
    Then from the drop-down box select "sort by name".

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Sep 28, 2005
  5. Goalie

    XP Guest

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:14:20 +1200, Goalie <> wrote:

    >Under the All Programs button I find new programs installed on another partition appear on the All Programs button. They
    >aren't alphabetical - how can I put that right?
    >
    >nof
    >Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue

    Right click on the list and select sort by name..

    XP, Sep 28, 2005
  6. Goalie

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Rider wrote:
    > >>Under the All Programs button I find new programs installed on another
    > >>partition appear on the All Programs button. They
    > >>aren't alphabetical - how can I put that right?

    > > Right click on the menu ... sort by name?

    > close...
    > start, settings, task bar and start menu, "start menu" up the top,
    > "customise" down the bottom, "sort", ok , ok.

    Not Windows XP

    Rob J, Sep 28, 2005
  7. Rob J wrote:

    >>>Right click on the menu ... sort by name?

    >>close...
    >>start, settings, task bar and start menu, "start menu" up the top,
    >>"customise" down the bottom, "sort", ok , ok.

    > Not Windows XP

    really? then whats with the subject of the post?

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 28, 2005
  8. Goalie

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > >>close...
    > >>start, settings, task bar and start menu, "start menu" up the top,
    > >>"customise" down the bottom, "sort", ok , ok.

    > > Not Windows XP

    > really? then whats with the subject of the post?

    Windows XP does not have a "settings" submenu off the Start Menu.

    Windows XP does not have a "Sort" option accessed off the start menu and
    taskbar dialog.

    Rob J, Sep 28, 2005
  9. Rob J wrote:

    >>>Not Windows XP

    >>really? then whats with the subject of the post?

    > Windows XP does not have a "settings" submenu off the Start Menu.
    > Windows XP does not have a "Sort" option accessed off the start menu and
    > taskbar dialog.

    ummm, yeah it does.
    see here then.
    www.dave.net.nz/images/xp/

    :p

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 28, 2005
  10. Goalie

    PseUDO Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> really? then whats with the subject of the post?

    >> Windows XP does not have a "settings" submenu off the Start Menu.
    >> Windows XP does not have a "Sort" option accessed off the start menu
    >> and taskbar dialog.

    > ummm, yeah it does.
    > see here then.
    > www.dave.net.nz/images/xp/
    >
    > :p

    In classic view mode, old school style! :)

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Sep 28, 2005
  11. PseUDO wrote:

    >>> Windows XP does not have a "settings" submenu off the Start Menu.
    >>> Windows XP does not have a "Sort" option accessed off the start menu
    >>> and taskbar dialog.

    >> ummm, yeah it does.
    >> see here then.
    >> www.dave.net.nz/images/xp/

    > In classic view mode, old school style! :)

    is there any other?
    I thought about that after I posted... here at work we used a policy to
    change all XP desktops to classic, as users were ringing the helpdesk
    confused as f**k because things had moved.

    It is the first thing I change in XP, if I wanted to have an OS that
    looks and behaves like a toy, I would have got XP home... stupid MS.

    In default you can get to the same thing from here.
    Start, control panel, "switch to classic view", "taskbar and start
    menu", then errr, I guess "start menu" and have a look around... not
    sure and can't be bothered messing with policies just to prove a point.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 28, 2005
  12. Goalie

    PseUDO Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > PseUDO wrote:

    >> In classic view mode, old school style! :)

    > is there any other?
    > I thought about that after I posted... here at work we used a policy to
    > change all XP desktops to classic, as users were ringing the helpdesk
    > confused as f**k because things had moved.
    >
    > It is the first thing I change in XP, if I wanted to have an OS that
    > looks and behaves like a toy, I would have got XP home... stupid MS.
    >
    > In default you can get to the same thing from here.
    > Start, control panel, "switch to classic view", "taskbar and start
    > menu", then errr, I guess "start menu" and have a look around... not
    > sure and can't be bothered messing with policies just to prove a point.

    Id never go back to the old style windows 95 look, to depressing, i
    prefer the "toy" look ! :)

    http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2987/desktop290920054mu.jpg

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Sep 29, 2005
  13. PseUDO wrote:
    >>> In classic view mode, old school style! :)

    >> is there any other?
    >> I thought about that after I posted... here at work we used a policy
    >> to change all XP desktops to classic, as users were ringing the
    >> helpdesk confused as f**k because things had moved.

    > Id never go back to the old style windows 95 look, to depressing, i
    > prefer the "toy" look ! :)

    > http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2987/desktop290920054mu.jpg

    wow, super huge icons... my workmate loves it... he tinkers with this
    sort of shit all day, his mouse pointer is about 1/4 of a 1024x768
    screen... it's nuts, and he's odd... and thats a lot coming from me,
    because I'm odd.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 29, 2005
  14. Goalie

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > >>really? then whats with the subject of the post?

    > > Windows XP does not have a "settings" submenu off the Start Menu.
    > > Windows XP does not have a "Sort" option accessed off the start menu and
    > > taskbar dialog.

    > ummm, yeah it does.
    > see here then.
    > www.dave.net.nz/images/xp/

    That is the Windows XP classic menu i.,e. 98/2000 style. How many people
    do you know who use the Windows classic menu in XP?

    We only use it at work with restricted users with a limited menu
    enforced by policies. Everyone else uses the standard XP menus.

    Interesting - I notice XP doesn't let you expand the taskbar by default.
    Doesn't seem like you can drag it to other sides of the window like you
    can in 9x, either.

    Rob J, Sep 29, 2005
  15. Goalie

    shannon Guest

    Rob J wrote:

    > Interesting - I notice XP doesn't let you expand the taskbar by default.
    > Doesn't seem like you can drag it to other sides of the window like you
    > can in 9x, either.

    You can if you right click on it and deselect "lock the taskbar"

    shannon, Sep 29, 2005
  16. Rob J wrote:
    >>>Windows XP does not have a "settings" submenu off the Start Menu.
    >>>Windows XP does not have a "Sort" option accessed off the start menu and
    >>>taskbar dialog.

    >>ummm, yeah it does.
    >>see here then.
    >>www.dave.net.nz/images/xp/

    > That is the Windows XP classic menu i.,e. 98/2000 style. How many people
    > do you know who use the Windows classic menu in XP?

    ~300 here at work :)

    > We only use it at work with restricted users with a limited menu
    > enforced by policies. Everyone else uses the standard XP menus.

    > Interesting - I notice XP doesn't let you expand the taskbar by default.

    it's locked by default isn't it? if you un-lock the taskbar you can do
    what you like.

    > Doesn't seem like you can drag it to other sides of the window like you
    > can in 9x, either.

    does on mine :)

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 29, 2005
  17. Goalie

    Adam Guest

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:11:17 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> ummm, yeah it does.
    >>> see here then.
    >>> www.dave.net.nz/images/xp/

    >> In classic view mode, old school style! :)

    >is there any other?
    >I thought about that after I posted... here at work we used a policy to
    >change all XP desktops to classic, as users were ringing the helpdesk
    >confused as f**k because things had moved.
    >
    >It is the first thing I change in XP

    Yay! Me too! You can call me old fashioned .. just don't call me
    Shirley!

    Adam.

    Adam, Sep 29, 2005