    instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.

    Question is, how do I do this?

    Cheers.

    braindead, Jul 14, 2004

  2. braindead wrote:
    > Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older programs
    > doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical solution
    > is to instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.

    Did you try running it in Windows 98 Compatibility mode?

    --
    Mr. Trevor Fourie.
    WesBank Limited.

    Mr. Trevor Fourie, Jul 14, 2004

  3. braindead

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:08:23 GMT, "Ben Dover" <> wrote:

    >"Mr. Trevor Fourie" <> wrote in message
    >> braindead wrote:
    >> > Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older programs
    >> > doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical solution
    >> > is to instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.

    >> Did you try running it in Windows 98 Compatibility mode?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mr. Trevor Fourie.
    >> WesBank Limited.
    >> 7 Girton Road, ParksTown, Johannesburg,
    >> 2193, South Africa,
    >> Republic of South Africa.
    >> Email:
    >>

    >XP is shite! I got told off the other day for saying this. I notice no one
    >has problems with ME?
    >Nothing but problems with XP. One day you'll say, "yes, he's right".
    >Get rid of it dude, no more problems.

    What planet are you from?
    ME is the problem, XP is just fine.
    joevan

    joevan, Jul 14, 2004
  4. braindead

    Ionizer Guest

    "Ben Dover" <> wrote in message

    > XP is shite! I got told off the other day for saying this. I notice no

    one
    > has problems with ME?

    I notice that your ME system has a problem with the clock settings. You
    are posting from the future. Fix it.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 14, 2004
  5. braindead

    Ben Dover Guest

    > braindead wrote:
    > > Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older programs
    > > doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical solution
    > > is to instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.

    > Did you try running it in Windows 98 Compatibility mode?
    >
    > --
    > Mr. Trevor Fourie.
    > WesBank Limited.
    > 7 Girton Road, ParksTown, Johannesburg,
    > 2193, South Africa,
    > Republic of South Africa.
    > Email:

    XP is shite! I got told off the other day for saying this. I notice no one
    has problems with ME?
    Nothing but problems with XP. One day you'll say, "yes, he's right".
    Get rid of it dude, no more problems.

    Mr Fourie, sir. Do you think it's wise to post your address, and e-mail
    address to the world?
    Please forgive me for being interfering.

    Ben Dover, Jul 15, 2004
  6. braindead

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "braindead" <> wrote in message
    >| Having recently installed xp home I find that one of my older
    >| programs doesn't run. This program is no longer supported so logical
    >| solution is to instal win98 on a new partition on my hard drive.
    >|
    >| Question is, how do I do this?
    >|
    >| Cheers.

    Well, there have been several replies, but nothing useful <g>

    What exactly *is* the older program? It should be possible to tell Windows
    XP to run it in compatibility mode. Right-click on the EXE file, and select
    "Properties". Click on the Compatibility tab, then click on the checkbox in
    front of "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select the
    correct version of Windows in the drop-down box.

    If this works, you won't *need* that W98 partition...if it doesn't work,
    post back and let us know.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 15, 2004
  7. braindead

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| "braindead" <> wrote in message
    >| >|
    >| >|

    RE: Well, there have been several replies, but nothing useful

    my apologies to Trevor Fourie - I missed your post ;o)

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 15, 2004