    icon. It sits there for a minute and finaly opens.

    What's wrong with this?
    How do I fix it?
    =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZA==?=, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Restart in safe mode, empty your temp files folder under your user account
    local settings directory and defrag the hard disk. Also check Task Manager,
    to see if there are any background processes hogging the memory.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZA==?=

    zekolas Guest

    frustrated wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I am running xp x64 and it seems like during start up, after all the icons
    > load and after the welcome sound, it takes too long (longer than I think
    > should) for everything to load (i.e. all the icons in the right hand corner
    > next to clock. Things like windows update icon) and during this long wait, I
    > can't even get in to system manager. When I double click the system manager
    > icon. It sits there for a minute and finaly opens.
    >
    > What's wrong with this?
    > How do I fix it?

    How many apps do you have running at start up, I know a lot of my
    friends complain about how slow windows runs, it is because they have
    real player, msn messenger, winamp, weatherbug, codact desktop
    wallpaper, ms anti spy ware, AOL instant messenger, anti-virus program,
    zone alarm firewall,kazza, limewire, bittorrent, Microsoft office ect..
    all loading on startup.

    The only program I have that loads on startup is my anti-virus program
    and thats it.
    zekolas, Sep 12, 2005