    My question :
    right now I have IE6 32 bit and 64 bit.
    Will I get 2 versions with IE7 also ?

    - Bobb -, Jul 9, 2008

  2. Yes, you'll get two versions.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 9, 2008

  3. "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message
    >I haven't used my x64 Pc in a LONG time, today I booted it and
    > went to windowsupdate.
    > I download a LOT of stuff - everything except IE7.
    > My question :
    > right now I have IE6 32 bit and 64 bit.
    > Will I get 2 versions with IE7 also ?

    You get one IE7 for XP Pro x64 at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F0-86D0-4800-A1BA-5360F1D086C9&displaylang=en

    AFAIK there is no other.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 9, 2008
  4. "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, you'll get two versions.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.

    OK, I blew that one. What are the two versions of IE7? (I dropped XP Pro
    x64 a couple of months ago or I would just look)

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 10, 2008
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 10, 2008
  6. Yeah, that's a single download. But it actually has both internally, so when
    you install it, you get both.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 10, 2008
  7. "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, that's a single download. But it actually has both internally, so
    > when you install it, you get both.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" <> wrote in message
    >> "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message
    >>>I haven't used my x64 Pc in a LONG time, today I booted it and
    >>> went to windowsupdate.
    >>> I download a LOT of stuff - everything except IE7.
    >>> My question :
    >>> right now I have IE6 32 bit and 64 bit.
    >>> Will I get 2 versions with IE7 also ?
    >>>

    >> You get one IE7 for XP Pro x64 at:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F0-86D0-4800-A1BA-5360F1D086C9&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> AFAIK there is no other.

    aha. That's what threw me. Thanks.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 10, 2008
  8. - Bobb -

    squeek64 Guest

    Do you mean you have 2 program files' folders (x86) + (x64) and IE6 in both?
    All my 64bit apps have a version/copy in the x86 folder,it happens
    automatically.
    I was wondering if these were essential?

    squeek64, Jul 18, 2008
  9. As far as I know all x64 versions of Windows, XP and Vista,
    have 2 versions of Internet Explorer, including XP with IE6.
    You have a 64-t version in 'Program Files' and a 32-bit
    version in 'Program Files (x86)'. The 32-bit is the default
    at installation time. The 64-bit currently has no plug-ins
    or add-ons - no Java, no Flash, no ActiveX - NOTHING, it's
    just a naked browser.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 18, 2008