    Thanking you all in advance.

    Best Regards

    DJ Unreal

    DJ Unreal, May 26, 2005

  2. DJ Unreal

    Jerry Guest

    Doubt it.

    And the word I saw yesterday is that Microsoft is not going to include an
    Upgrade Advisor for XP 64.

    Jerry, May 26, 2005

  3. Why not try this the other way, and you do some of the work up front, rather
    than expecting us to do it all for you. Look at what you now have. A quick
    trip to planetamd64.com and you can fairly quickly determine if you're
    missing a driver there for something that you have doubts about.

    I hate to say this, _and I do NOT mean it in a pejorative way_, but if you're
    not willing to exert some effort, then x64 Edition really isn't a good fit
    for you right now. This is the first few weeks of a brand new operating
    system and platform. It's the time for "Early Adopters" to play and have fun
    and figure out what works and what doesn't. It is not the time for the
    average user to be mucking around. Let us get the arrows, skuff our knees,
    and generally feel the pain. 6 months to a year from now you'll be able to
    buy a box at your local Office Supply MegaStore that has all the drivers
    pre-installed. 3-6 months from now you'll be able to buy a fully configured
    box with all the drivers and OS pre-loaded from Dell, or HP, or probably even
    Gateway.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 26, 2005
  4. DJ Unreal

    DJ Unreal Guest

    I don't think you quite got the point of what I was saying...

    I don't want to know what drivers I can and can't download, I've already
    checked all of that out, and know where my hardware incompatibilities
    lie...

    I'm looking to see what drivers microsoft has */INCLUDED/* with the
    operating system - things such as my IDE Raid controller, which Windows
    XP can't detect by default, but as XP x64 is newer, I wasn't sure if it
    would have support for.

    Also things such as my LAN adapter - crucial for getting back on the net
    to get those other not-quite-so-cruicial drivers...

    Does M$ ever release a list of /*NATIVELY SUPPORTED*/ hardware? (by this
    if you haven't already realised I mean the hardware with which there are
    default drivers on the cd that are used during the install, albeit some
    may not work properly and require upgrading to get full functionality)

    Thanks again

    DJ Unreal

    DJ Unreal, May 26, 2005
  5. DJ Unreal <> wrote:
    > I don't think you quite got the point of what I was saying...
    >
    > I don't want to know what drivers I can and can't download, I've
    > already checked all of that out, and know where my hardware
    > incompatibilities lie...
    >
    > I'm looking to see what drivers microsoft has */INCLUDED/* with the
    > operating system - things such as my IDE Raid controller, which
    > Windows XP can't detect by default, but as XP x64 is newer, I wasn't
    > sure if it would have support for.
    >
    > Also things such as my LAN adapter - crucial for getting back on the
    > net to get those other not-quite-so-cruicial drivers...
    >
    > Does M$ ever release a list of /*NATIVELY SUPPORTED*/ hardware? (by
    > this if you haven't already realised I mean the hardware with which
    > there are default drivers on the cd that are used during the install,
    > albeit some may not work properly and require upgrading to get full
    > functionality)
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > DJ Unreal

    No, no list so far, and not because we didn't ask for... It still a problem.
    So, the best thing to do is to be sure, before you start that you have
    everything, unless you have another pc connected ;)

    I still have some hope of a list of the embarked drivers....

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    http://msmvps.com/xpditif

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 26, 2005
  6. DJ Unreal

    DJ Unreal Guest

    Aha, thank-you. That's the answer I was looking for...

    Now whether I can hack about with the CD in that case, and maybe compile
    a list myself, is another matter... If I manage to compile a list you
    can be sure I will post it on here as well as on my web space...

    In fact, I might just get someone to write me a nice script to compile
    it for me :)

    Best Regards

    DJ Unreal

    DJ Unreal, May 26, 2005