    and/or missing- \windows\system32\config\system ??
    --
    Firewall

    =?Utf-8?B?RmlyZVdhbGwy?=, Oct 11, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RmlyZVdhbGwy?=

    Jane C Guest

    Check your hard drive for errors. Can you try with a different IDE or SATA
    cable as well?

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Oct 11, 2006

  3. There could be a number of rather trivial causes to this, but let's have one
    thing cleared up right away - there are no MS versions of XP x64 beyond the
    Beta's and the Trial, and these have a terminating date, if you thus install
    one of those onto the System Drive (C:) and it is outdated, then the
    following installation of the OEM version is likely to fail as a result.

    Otherwise, having a box with many devices inside, and not enough primary
    cables to feed them, resulting in cannibalizing the power channels to
    several devices, may very well result in 'funny', random and changing errors
    even though the PSU's power rating does not seem 'strained'. Did you move
    things around inside the box prior to re-installing?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 11, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RmlyZVdhbGwy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    After checking the HD you should try to unplug everything (especially USB)
    from the computer. Leave the keyboard and mouse.

    John Barnes, Oct 11, 2006
  5. Thank you Jane, Tony and John for responding to my conflict issues.

    Only Run one HD at a time, although could run five simulatneously. Don't
    think the M/S XP x64 is outdated, not positive... Have two M/S XP x64 and two
    desktops. The other M/S x64 functions perfect.

    The PSU is 750, nothing other than printer, modem and router attached.

    After performing a copy-and-paste search for-
    windows\system32\config\system - learned there is excellent information at
    Windows Live; Windows Live just keeps getting better and better!

    Almost determined one M/S x64 must have released the time bomb, maybe... the
    trouble filled HD is (has been) multibooted with ISO Vista x86 and x64,
    including update RC1. Never has there been a conflict issue until the most
    recent re-format using the RC1 Vista DVDs mailed by Microsoft.

    If I did not greatly respect XP x64 would not really be a personal issue.
    Although, if or when Vista properly runs Sun's Java (that I detest) that
    alone would resolve the issue. Where is M/S Visual J# ??? wishfully, it will
    soon surface.

    Again, thank you for your assistance.
    --
    Firewall