    Tell me places, please, where I can get the drivers for XP x64 OS.
    In this particulary case I need driver for "ACPI\MTC0301: MTC CIR Device"
    (all other drivers for my MITAC 8224D laptop I found). Thanks.
    Saulius G., Feb 7, 2008

  2. Well, if Mitac don't 'ave'em, you may be out of luck. If you can uncover
    wich chip is driving some device, you could follow the track and see if
    other systems that are using the same chip (and/or Motherboard?) to drive
    the same sort of device, may have developed drivers that could be working
    for you. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

    One great place to find out what kind of stuff lies behind all those fancy
    product names, is (used to be!):

    http://www.linux-laptop.net/

    it is quite some time since I payed them a visit, (good Forum too, it used
    to be!) I have no idea about the current status.

    Best-of-luck!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 7, 2008

  3. In addition - many are having problems with Vista and power management in
    general, I believe. You may be wasting time trying to get this to work with
    forreign drivers? Updating the BIOS may be a better solution?

    If the CIR device, is a Remote Infrared Device, and Mitac doesn't have
    drivers, I'd guess you'll be banging your head against a wall, but read what
    the Linux people have to say, if they can make it work, you'll have a fair
    chance too!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 7, 2008
  4. Saulius G.

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    You might want to try Everest (http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en)
    It will tell everything you want to know about every device you may have
    inside your laptop and maybe suggest you a link to possible drivers.
    As far as I can tell the MTC0301 is an "MTC CIR Device" but I don't know
    what it means.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Feb 7, 2008