    reset is necessary followed by F8 and Last good setting.

    Is it safe to just remove the original drive?

    , Dec 31, 2009

  2. It really depends on your original configuration. There may be system
    files on the drive that are needed.

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 31, 2009

  3. Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    It is far better to use a boot manager like EasyBCD (freeware)
    http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1
    to do the job of eliminating the entry (drive) you want to disable.
    Put things the way they were before and install and run EasyBCD from the
    Windows that resides in the drive you want to keep.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 31, 2009
  4. John Barnes Guest

    You can always unplug the power to the drive to see what happens. Leave
    connections to the drive and motherboard alone. It sounds like you have
    necessary files on the drive you are disconnecting. You should do a search
    thru the registry for the drive letters you will be disconnecting to see
    what they are and see if you have duplicates on the booting OS. Recheck the
    boot order in the BIOS when you re-plug in the drive.

    John Barnes, Jan 1, 2010