    Spinnacre Guest

    Whenever I 'move' the jpeg files from a USB-attached flash drive (various digital cameras) using windows explorer, XP x64 immediately crashes during the 1st file transfer (instant reboot of the system...no BSOD or minidump). I have circumvented this problem by 'copying' the files rather than moving them, but I am just curious about why this zaps my system every time... especially annoying when if momentarily forget. Thanks in advance for any insight.

    ~Spinnacre

    Spinnacre, Jan 5, 2007

  2. Spinnacre

    John Barnes Guest

    You should go into System Properties/Advanced/startup and turn off automatically restart. You should then get the error code and error message which should help in finding a solution.

    John Barnes, Jan 5, 2007

  3. Spinnacre

    mikeyhsd Guest

    the picture/camera wizard does not pop up to aid in managing the pictures/

    mikeyhsd, Jan 5, 2007
  4. Spinnacre

    Spinnacre Guest

    I don't know how that worked, but it did. I expected that I would get a BSOD or some other problem, but it seems to work as it always should have. So thanks!

    ~Spinnacre

    Spinnacre, Jan 10, 2007
  5. Spinnacre

    John Barnes Guest

    Not a solution, but if the problem recurs, you should at least have an error code and message. Good luck.

    John Barnes, Jan 10, 2007