XP x64 Crashing

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Spinnacre, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Spinnacre

Spinnacre Guest

Whenever I 'move' the jpeg files from a USB-attached flash drive (various digital cameras) using windows explorer, XP x64 immediately crashes during the 1st file transfer (instant reboot of the system...no BSOD or minidump). I have circumvented this problem by 'copying' the files rather than moving them, but I am just curious about why this zaps my system every time... especially annoying when if momentarily forget. Thanks in advance for any insight.

~Spinnacre

Spinnacre, Jan 5, 2007
    1. Advertising

2. Spinnacre

John Barnes Guest

You should go into System Properties/Advanced/startup and turn off automatically restart. You should then get the error code and error message which should help in finding a solution.
    "Spinnacre" <> wrote in message news:...
    Whenever I 'move' the jpeg files from a USB-attached flash drive (various digital cameras) using windows explorer, XP x64 immediately crashes during the 1st file transfer (instant reboot of the system...no BSOD or minidump). I have circumvented this problem by 'copying' the files rather than moving them, but I am just curious about why this zaps my system every time... especially annoying when if momentarily forget. Thanks in advance for any insight.

~Spinnacre

John Barnes, Jan 5, 2007
    1. Advertising

3. Spinnacre

mikeyhsd Guest

the picture/camera wizard does not pop up to aid in managing the pictures/

~Spinnacre

mikeyhsd, Jan 5, 2007
  4. Spinnacre

Spinnacre Guest

I don't know how that worked, but it did. I expected that I would get a BSOD or some other problem, but it seems to work as it always should have. So thanks!

~Spinnacre
    "John Barnes" <> wrote in message news:%...
    You should go into System Properties/Advanced/startup and turn off automatically restart. You should then get the error code and error message which should help in finding a solution.

~Spinnacre

Spinnacre, Jan 10, 2007
  5. Spinnacre

John Barnes Guest

Not a solution, but if the problem recurs, you should at least have an error code and message. Good luck.
    I don't know how that worked, but it did. I expected that I would get a BSOD or some other problem, but it seems to work as it always should have. So thanks!

~Spinnacre
    "John Barnes" <> wrote in message news:%...

~Spinnacre

John Barnes, Jan 10, 2007
    1. Advertising